Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Filing a claim and not 107 license

Discussion in 'Insurance' started by Squak1437, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Squak1437

The FAA on themselves cannot police the 107 rules completely. They have to respond to any calls but can't roam the country side to just happen across someone illegally fly a drone. Are insurance companies becoming well versed in 107 rules so if someone is sued or getting fined for doing something illegal with a drone they can make the operator financially responsible? I feel this is an avenue to scare people straight as to operating their drone.

ATP, CFII, MEI, RPO
    Part 121, 135, and 91 Corporate Pilot
    30 years of exploration.

2. Unmannedsky

Probably tough to expect an insurance company to play police-officer as well. That said, I'd expect premium punishments to mirror that of the automobile industry. Get a speeding ticket? You have demonstrated that you are a higher risk: your premium goes up. Totally destroy your car in an irresponsible or blatantly illegal act? Good luck getting covered again. It's all about risk. Insurance companies won't waste their time with enforcement, they'll just adjust the premium accordingly! Also Subrogation.