Figures... I literally got my phantom 4 today

If you are a pro and honestly spend many hours shooting, editing and actually doing stuff with the videos you shoot...then it may make sense.

For most pilots who do it as a hobby or even for basic jobs (real estate, etc.), it probably is not needed....but, heck, it's nice...

If you are a pro and honestly spend many hours shooting, editing and actually doing stuff with the videos you shoot...then it may make sense.

For most pilots who do it as a hobby or even for basic jobs (real estate, etc.), it probably is not needed....but, heck, it's nice...
Yeah i do real estate photos, and some commercial work. My p3 pro lasted a year, maybe next year I will grab the p4 pro or be in the market for an Inspire or something.

Ditto on the go figure....love my 4 but the pro is the way I wanted to go...oh well ...maybe next one

Jeez while I feel for you the P4 I ordered hasn't even shipped yet :( what's worse, I ordered the P3A a week before the Mavic was announced. I seem to have terrible timing of late. Ah well, no way in hell my wife would let me spend 1499.99 right now so its a moot point.

I really would love that higher end camera.

I've had my P4 a couple of weeks. Oh well... it's still a great piece of kit, and it cost $500 less. First world problem. :D

I wonder if that new 1" Pro camera will be compatible with the "old" P4? It may be an available upgrade for those inclined.

Reactions: Neon Euc

I agree. Still, there is a lot of cool updates on the Phantom 4 Pro. Still got some time to go before it comes out.

I've had my P4 a couple of weeks. Oh well... it's still a great piece of kit, and it cost $500 less. First world problem. :D

I wonder if that new 1" Pro camera will be compatible with the "old" P4? It may be an available upgrade for those inclined.
That would be awesome!

I really would love that higher end camera.

It's your money, if you can swing it why not.

I'm not a professional photographer but I am a professional photography amateur picky with my pictures and videos. I've been waiting for this day since I bought my first drone. The reason the P3P is on craiglist and Ebay and keeping the P4 and ordering the P4 Pro.

Jeez while I feel for you the P4 I ordered hasn't even shipped yet :( what's worse, I ordered the P3A a week before the Mavic was announced. I seem to have terrible timing of late. Ah well, no way in hell my wife would let me spend 1499.99 right now so its a moot point.

Two things. If your in the UK distance selling regulations allow you to return an item within 14 days of getting it. So If you have not even got it yet you should just cancel.

Second thing. Please could you let us all know when you intend to get the Phantom 4 Pro? With your luck we will then know the Phantom 5 is about to be launched.

Frank C

Reactions: TDKUK and Badgenes
Two things. If your in the UK distance selling regulations allow you to return an item within 14 days of getting it. So If you have not even got it yet you should just cancel.

Second thing. Please could you let us all know when you intend to get the Phantom 4 Pro? With your luck we will then know the Phantom 5 is about to be launched.

Frank C

ROFL yessir soon as I plan to get the P4P I will announce it, thus confirming the impending P5 launch.

Remember, $1499 is the starting point. With an extra battery or two, case, insurance and/or tax it's a 2K machine (or more).

So that's a big difference from a P3P which may be 1K with basic kit.

I'd bet that the vast majority of clients and viewers could not tell the difference between (online) vids and pics taken by the two machines. But if you are doing large prints, posters, large screen viewing, etc....different story.

When I got my P3P I invested in a new 4k computer. So would love to see the pictures from the P4 Pro. Like a lot of these things they only look better close up or expanded so you can see the finer detail.

Just got to sell my P3P now to save up for the P4Pro. Shame in a way as the P3Pro is an excellent machine and I do get great results from it. But us boys do have to have the latest toys..........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic