Fastest Speed

Reaction score
Fellow P4 Pilots,

What was the fastest speed you have attained with your P4? I recently clocked 79.4 mph.

-gumby

Fellow P4 Pilots,

What was the fastest speed you have attained with your P4? I recently clocked 79.4 mph.

-gumby
1500829946376-1393994885.jpg

Wow! That's "flying "! I made 54.3 with a 10 mph tail wind in Sport mode. Most of the time it is near 43 mph.
Jim
WA5TEF

Wow! That's "flying "! I made 54.3 with a 10 mph tail wind in Sport mode. Most of the time it is near 43 mph.
Jim
WA5TEF
Ha was waiting ,i did save this pic from my secound flight,was a lot of post ages ago about incorect numbers and speeds ,i wish it did go that fast,not sure if numbers real ,,when new mayby numbers corect but after a few updates it certenly slowed ,,that goes back to another post about capped speed which dji controls through there firmware ,to this day i cant get past 62kph in sport mode

Sorry to burst your bubble but you didn't fly that fast at all.
The fastest a P4 can fly is 20 metres/sec (45 mph) in Sport mode.
The only way to go faster is to hitch a ride on a tailwind.
If you rode a wind fast enough to push your Phantom to 79 mph, you wouldn't have been able to bring it back and the Phantom would have been blown into the next county.
You also would have had great difficulty launching and it would have been an extremely unpleasant day outdoors.
Do you remember flying in a hurricane recently?

Go to where your app shows the Top Speed and note the date of that flight.
Then find that flight and replay it to see how fast you really flew.
I have a feeling it may have been 49 mph.
That's still fast but well short of 79 mph.

Meta4,

I actually did travel that fast, and you are correct, in that it was right before a storm. I could see low clouds moving very fast. I flew upwind and ascended as I went up until I could no longer move forward against the wind. Then, I turned around 180 degrees and flew back home with the wind. I actually reached this speed in Atti mode, not Sport mode. (The Sport mode seemed to limit how fast I could go whereas Atti mode allowed me to go much faster.). And yes, I did review the record. The winds were quite strong. I uploaded the flight to my Healthy Drones account, and the wind data was impressive.

-gumby

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan