Fake ARGTek

Reaction score
About a week ago I bought a 2nd hand ARGTek kit on eBay. It was only £20 so I guessed it was worth buying as if it worked I got it cheap.

Now I am pretty sure it is a fake Chinese copy, the box was blank, had 'made in china' on the bottom and only came with 3 antennas.

Tonight I got 1,750 feet max distance before the signal dropped and I got a RTH. Thats still about double what I was getting with the old antennas but still wayyyyy less than I should be getting with a real ARGTek kit.

I was out in the country with very few houses flying at an altitude of 150 feet, which is probably a bit low now I think about it.

I have a Itelite DBS kit coming tomorrow which I hope will let me get double or even triple what I got tonight.

Moral of the story..... dont buy cheap sh1t on eBay.

About a week ago I bought a 2nd hand ARGTek kit on eBay. It was only £20 so I guessed it was worth buying as if it worked I got it cheap.

Now I am pretty sure it is a fake Chinese copy, the box was blank, had 'made in china' on the bottom and only came with 3 antennas.

Tonight I got 1,750 feet max distance before the signal dropped and I got a RTH. Thats still about double what I was getting with the old antennas but still wayyyyy less than I should be getting with a real ARGTek kit.

I was out in the country with very few houses flying at an altitude of 150 feet, which is probably a bit low now I think about it.

I have a Itelite DBS kit coming tomorrow which I hope will let me get double or even triple what I got tonight.

Moral of the story..... dont buy cheap sh1t on eBay.
Hey i got some of those to a while back but only had 2 in the box,heres a pic of them on p34k,as you can see i moved original one to the middle because of the 3 antenna clips,well box only had 2 that why i leave one original there,didnt help range one bit
1502310523938-1585292421.jpg
15023105841121160513199.jpg
yip DONT buy cheap :)rabbit ears from hell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing