Fair Warning about booster app (read)

Reaction score
1. Dji may try to remove it from app store because they might believe its dangerous or can bring harm or...and if they try...one email to apple will be enough to get it removed. So...download now BUT also nitice warning 2.
2. Dji might try to go through a different route and try to block the access of this app in future updates. That means if they do this together with the waypoints update...you will have to chose between this booster or waypoint functions.

Edit: the app is great, just know the risc of it getting removed soon or patched in future versions.
Take it into consideration.

It would be great if someone would come up with new app to address the phantom vision 2 non plus that doesn't currently work thru FPV in IOS!

maxcmo said:
It would be great if someone would come up with new app to address the phantom vision 2 non plus that doesn't currently work thru FPV in IOS!

My P2V works fine with my iPad mini, I thought it was just the P2V+ that was having problems with the APP?

general question: How many actually think they will use the waypoint feature after the initial novelty of doing it the first one or two times wears off?

phantomguy said:
general question: How many actually think they will use the waypoint feature after the initial novelty of doing it the first one or two times wears off?

Ive been thinking the exact same thing. I really dont see that much use for it at all.

There's a thread in RC Groups with a demo. It looks neat , but you can't point the camera where you want. So what's the point?
If you could loiter and point the camera that would be great! You can tilt the camera , but that's it.

phantomguy said:

I was excited for it until the news about from DJI came out.

[Limited to 1500 feet from point of take off and 3 miles total travel]

So they took something great and made it useless. :cry:
I have no plans to use it unless the restrictions are gone.

For what I do, it would be extremely useful. Remember, the features you are hearing about right now are in a pre-beta version. More features will come out over time.

ResevorDG said:
phantomguy said:

Source?
That sucks...

borgqueenx said:
ResevorDG said:
phantomguy said:

Source?
That sucks...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1gX4XLqWc

yeap seen it now....
That's really stopid. Like come on...How hard is it to make this more then 500 meters. Let's say 1000 would be sufficient for me.
With the booster app thats made i can easily regain control.
Maybe we should put up a hex editor and chance the 500 meter value if we can find it xD.
Also pretty sad we cant make the phantom fixate to a certain POI with the camera.

borgqueenx said:
yeap seen it now....
That's really stopid. Like come on...How hard is it to make this more then 500 meters. Let's say 1000 would be sufficient for me.
With the booster app thats made i can easily regain control.
Maybe we should put up a hex editor and chance the 500 meter value if we can find it xD.
Also pretty sad we cant make the phantom fixate to a certain POI with the camera.

I would love to change the actual app or assistant. I tried messing with the program in assistant to be able to descend faster with v3.0 but it's not just values, it's all compiled and beyond my skill set. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic