Fair price to charge real estate

Nothing, unless you have an FAA 333 Exemption letter.

I'm not looking to make a living here, just a quick buck. Don't act like you're an angle because I assume you're not. Smoke a little reefer in your day maybe? Mmmhm. And it's not like I'm not dealing drugs or anything so chill.

Oh and you know, I also used to wash dishes under the table when I was 16. Wanna turn me in?

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
I'm not looking to make a living here, just a quick buck. Don't act like you're an angle because I assume you're not. Smoke a little reefer in your day maybe? Mmmhm. And it's not like I'm not dealing drugs or anything so chill.

Oh and you know, I also used to wash dishes under the table when I was 16. Wanna turn me in?
Why you so angry?
You asked the question. If you don't like the answer skip it. And chill.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Why would one wash dishes under a table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why you so angry?
You asked the question. If you don't like the answer skip it. And chill.

I'm not angry. Bit defensive and I apologize for that but my question was not actually answered. Instead it was relieved as if a criminal was asking. True it's not actually legal to make some money without the proper approval but it seems to me like a minor indiscretion. I served in the army in for 8 years, been deployed to Iraq twice and now I'm in the national guard and I'm an EMT. I've served my county and others more then most sooooo I don't think making a few bucks by helping a guy inspect his roof is a bad thing. I see it less bad then the examples I made before, I'm sure most people do too.

Haha. Can't tell if your joking or not but it's an expression that means not working ok the books. I got paid in cash, no taxes.

I was joking :) I live in Uganda, this entire country runs under the table!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dirkclod
This man would like me to inspect his roof for damage. I shouldn't be in the air for more then a few minutes. How much should I charge?
As I said above, you charge what it's worth to the client. You still have to pack the phantom to the property, set it up and fly the mission, pack up and drive home. That's a lot more than a few minutes. Then do you edit and deliver a final video? When I started my video business in 2001, I made it a policy that I wouldn't leave the studio (at my home) for less than $200. I've since raised that base price, but it has kept me from doing crap jobs for clients who don't appreciate what it takes to pack cameras, lights, tripods, etc to do a five minute interview video. The same principal applies to aerial photos.

Reactions: Taylor Magyar
So, you folks who are actively doing gigs for money.. what are your thoughts/reaction to the comments about FAA and that we cannot do it for commercial gain without violating FAA regulations (unless we have an exemption)? Honestly looking for your take here, it's pretty evident you have no qualms about it..

So, you folks who are actively doing gigs for money.. what are your thoughts/reaction to the comments about FAA and that we cannot do it for commercial gain without violating FAA regulations (unless we have an exemption)? Honestly looking for your take here, it's pretty evident you have no qualms about it..
LOL! Just say a lot of good things about yourself................ that makes you not fall under the rules. You did such and such and such, so you don't have to follow the rules. :rolleyes:

Reactions: GoodnNuff
OP: Charge whatever your local market will bear for your talent. Just because someone else wants to charge more doesn't mean you can't charge less. There are different tiers of service providers for everything. If you can get business for $1K. Do it. If you can only charge $75, do that too.

General rule is to keep it quiet.

At what cost?

Steve,

Just saw this, I paid about $1,500 and now realize I way overpaid, one advantage to the policy I have is it allows me to not be limited to one specific drone, it would cover as many as I would use, but if my revenue goes up the premium goes up

Steve,

Just saw this, I paid about $1,500 and now realize I way overpaid, one advantage to the policy I have is it allows me to not be limited to one specific drone, it would cover as many as I would use, but if my revenue goes up the premium goes up
If your premium is based on your revenue, then this probably means the underwriters have no idea what their risk of exposure is. This is the problem facing insurers. Commercial drone use is too new to have any accident history data to base their risk on. It will get better in a few years.

Thanks to a warm welcome to this forum I have decided to retract my former statement about the 333 and its legality. Rather- here is an interesting podcast that I came across and it sums up my opinion.

http://droneu.podomatic.com/entry/2015-08-03T22_09_30-07_00

Undercharging hurts everyone. I work as a DP and as soon as I got out of school older guys were basically telling me to start at a number that showed I was green but didn't screw them over. We fight this in the film industry every day- some kid gets a 4k camera and will go out for $300 a day.

Last edited:
Long time lurker- first time poster. You guys realize that carrying a 333 exemption is not law right? I am finishing my 333 paperwork right now and through my research, and examination of case law there is no legal reason to have a 333. For me it has to do with film unions- Do some homework before waiving the 333 around. The FAA can not "decree" a new federal law into being, that requires an act of congress. The 3 times that the FAA went to court over this they lost. Great resource below-

Undercharging hurts everyone. I work as a DP and as soon as I got out of school older guys were basically telling me to start at a number that showed I was green but didn't screw them over. We fight this in the film industry every day- some kid gets a 4k camera and will go out for $300 a day.
"You guys realize that carrying a 333 exemption is not law right? I am finishing my 333 paperwork right now and through my research, and examination of case law there is no legal reason to have a 333." If it's not law why are you bothering to get a 333?

ps- are you a lawyer? If you are will you be representing those who follow your implied advice?

Long time lurker- first time poster. You guys realize that carrying a 333 exemption is not law right? I am finishing my 333 paperwork right now and through my research, and examination of case law there is no legal reason to have a 333. For me it has to do with film unions- Do some homework before waiving the 333 around. The FAA can not "decree" a new federal law into being, that requires an act of congress. The 3 times that the FAA went to court over this they lost. Great resource below-

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik