Begin forwarded message:

From: "Federal Aviation Administration" <[email protected]>
Date: March 13, 2020 at 9:38:46 AM EDT
Subject: Recreational Flyer Registration Extended to December 12, 2020
Reply-To:
[email protected]
mail
Recreational Flyer Registration Extended to Dec. 12, 2020
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has important registration information for drone recreational flyers who registered in the FAADroneZone before December 12, 2017. Your registration has been automatically extended until December 12, 2020.
Why Was My Registration Extended?

The National Defense Authorization Act for 2018 restored the FAA’s registration rule with respect to model aircraft and recreational flying. If you registered prior to December 12, 2017, and did not request to have your registration information deleted, the FAA extended the expiration date until December 12, 2020, which is three years from the rule restoration date. If you requested a refund of registration fees, you would have had to re-register again after December 12, 2017. Therefore, your expiration date would now also be December 12, 2020, or later. At this time you can retain your registration number.
What Should I Do Now?

• You do not need to do anything to extend your registration expiration date, this was done automatically.
  • To print an updated registration card: Login to the FAADroneZone, select the Recreational Flyer Dashboard, and select Print.
When Will I Need to Renew My Registration?
  • The FAA will send out a registration renewal email notification 180 days prior to your registration expiration date.
  • When your registration renewal is available, your FAADroneZone dashboard will include an option to “Renew.”
  • Please note: You cannot renew earlier than 180 days prior to the registration expiration date. No third-party vendor can renew your registration for you at this time.
How much does it cost to renew/register?
$5 through the FAADroneZone.
Do I need to register each drone/aircraft?
If you are registering as a Recreational Flyer, you only register once and use the same registration number on all drones that you own and intend on using for recreational flying. If you are trying to register under Part 107, then you will register each drone individually and each drone will get a separate registration number.

Last edited:
Yes it matters the law is anything over 250Grams has to be registered also if any official law enforcement asks for your registration you are suppose to show proof of registration now if anyone and there grandma comes up and asks for proof you can happily throw up the middle finger and bid them good day.

Also these are laws for United states I have no knowledge of the laws elsewhere.

you can find a lost online the basics as recreational flyer are pretty simple dont fly over 400 feet, keep line of sight, dont fly over people or crowds, cant fly within 5 miles of an airport unless a designated spot has been setup to fly within said zone by the FAA pretty basic stuff use common sense. Also dont let others ruin your flight or run you off places that you fly. Oh and in most states it's not allowed to fly in national parks or forests but you can call the site manager and ask if there is a time u could get some drone pictures and they actually let people.

I use the good old flip tactic if confronted I simply state why are you harassing me and threatening me? but I'm 6 foot and 200 lbs people usually dont bother me

Yes it matters the law is anything over 250Grams has to be registered also if any official law enforcement asks for your registration you are suppose to show proof of registration now if anyone and there grandma comes up and asks for proof you can happily throw up the middle finger and bid them good day.

Also these are laws for United states I have no knowledge of the laws elsewhere.

you can find a lost online the basics as recreational flyer are pretty simple dont fly over 400 feet, keep line of sight, dont fly over people or crowds, cant fly within 5 miles of an airport unless a designated spot has been setup to fly within said zone by the FAA pretty basic stuff use common sense. Also dont let others ruin your flight or run you off places that you fly. Oh and in most states it's not allowed to fly in national parks or forests but you can call the site manager and ask if there is a time u could get some drone pictures and they actually let people.

The registration down here in Oz was supposed to start last June (2019)
Still waiting

A lot of people dont register I'll admit I didnt register for about 1 year I only registered after I had conflict.... so I didnt have to worry about other people bothering me or my hobby I registered. It's just peace of mind for 5 dollars

A lot of people dont register I'll admit I didnt register for about 1 year I only registered after I had conflict.... so I didnt have to worry about other people bothering me or my hobby I registered. It's just peace of mind for 5 dollars

It will probably be the same here but for $20 per drone I'll register when they get their act together.

Glad all law enforcement I've ever encountered have no idea about local, state, or federal laws regarding any type of RC aircraft and I have never seen or heard of law enforcement actually enforcing any of these laws. The couple times I've ever had some police roll up when I'm flying it is been for being in a park when it is closed, to ask me to leave private property or simply out of curiosity. Every officer happily observed and let me finish my flight before telling me that "oh hey park is closed/oh man this is private property blah blah blah no big deal gotta ask you to leave" which I always happily and hastily do. It's laughable to think the FCC and the FAA could ever enforce any of the laws I have zero regard for.

I think as long as you use common sense and keep away from airports and have an idea of what goes on in the airspace you are flying in you should be allowed to enjoy flying whatever you own at whatever height and as far away as your 'illegal' high powered signal power boosters let you maintain control/video feed.

Until I see any of these government entity's employ any measures allowing them to decrease any of the freedom I enjoy I will keep doing my thing flying whatever, however, wherever I want (of course not near any airports as that is just common sense I don't want to hurt anyone) using whatever radio equipment I see fit whether it is capable of outputting a signal at 15mw or 10w of power(or more) without issue like I currently do until the FAA and the FCC are capable of preventing me from doing so and stop wasting their time and our tax payer dollars writing massive pieces of legislation that cannot be enforced in any type of effective capacity. So for now they can continue to make up ( Mod Removed Language) that doesn't benefit absolutely anything or anyone while going against the principles of freedom this country was founded upon based off of god knows what (certainly not the people that any of the legislation effects suggestions/guidance) and I'll keep doing my thang without worry and without negatively effecting myself, others and the surrounding environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: skymonkey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers