FAA Rules = Grandfathered in?

Reaction score
I'm wondering if people who already are operating a business which includes the use of multi-rotors will be grandfathered in when rules finally are set. I'm betting there WILL be some kind of license required or registration or both when the issues is finally settled.

Thoughts?

twodips said:
I'm wondering if people who already are operating a business which includes the use of multi-rotors will be grandfathered in when rules finally are set. I'm betting there WILL be some kind of license required or registration or both when the issues is finally settled.

Thoughts?

I doubt it. I'm betting the FAA stance will be: "Here are the rules, comply or be fined"

They could care less how long you have been doing it. All they will be interested in is that you comply with the new rules. If you look back to the ARC document from a few years ago (ancient history) one consistent thread was under 400 feet and VLOS only. I'm also betting that operation in CLass B airspace will carry additional requirements.

Once the rules are in place, then the FAA will have actual enforcement authority and I would not count on thinking you can operate under the radar as it were. I'm expecting a heavy hand early on to set the tone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic