FAA Remote Identification broadcast requirement

Reaction score
Now that the FAA has give all manufacturers 18 months to comply and install this technology on all of their drones and owners have up to 2 years following 18 months to comply with this requirement is it reasonable to expect that some developer or developers will create retro-fit systems for owners of older drones such as the Phantom series? I am not sure if it is even possible to retrofit the older Phantoms like the 3 etc. If not, I am left with a useless investment... Maybe now is the time to sell the thing...

Thoughts?

Now that the FAA has give all manufacturers 18 months to comply and install this technology on all of their drones and owners have up to 2 years following 18 months to comply with this requirement is it reasonable to expect that some developer or developers will create retro-fit systems for owners of older drones such as the Phantom series? I am not sure if it is even possible to retrofit the older Phantoms like the 3 etc. If not, I am left with a useless investment... Maybe now is the time to sell the thing...

Thoughts?
Lessee, 2 years plus 18 months equals 42 months. Who knows what is coming down the pike in that time, either in terms of a retrofit system for Phantoms - or a better and less expensive sUAS? I sure don't know. In the meantime, I intend to enjoy doing a lot of P3P flying over the next 42 months without worrying about remote IDs.

Depends on how much you are enjoying your drone. I need Phantoms for their lifting capability and there's nothing close in the price range. If it becomes obsolete then I will start looking. Have plenty of time.

Reactions: B- Scene Films
Depends on how much you are enjoying your drone. I need Phantoms for their lifting capability and there's nothing close in the price range. If it becomes obsolete then I will start looking. Have plenty of time.
What are you lifting with a Phantom?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic