FAA Reauthorization Bill: Take Two

ianwood

Taco Wrangler
Reaction score
night flying is the best

Reactions: stulpin300m
Reactions: 185EZ
So this is for "Hobby Flight"? It doesn't address commercial operations unless my eyes went crossed and missed that completely (very possible now LOL).

Reactions: kpc001
In my opinion, due to the increasing popularity of the sport and the high numbers that are being registered the government will find a way to tax/charge or somehow collect revenue from it. And I mean more than the paltry $5 registration fee.Wait and see, the government will find a way to get into your pocketbook if you want to keep flying.

Reactions: NormanNormal
In my opinion, due to the increasing popularity of the sport and the high numbers that are being registered the government will find a way to tax/charge or somehow collect revenue from it. And I mean more than the paltry $5 registration fee.Wait and see, the government will find a way to get into your pocketbook if you want to keep flying.

While I "could" see this happening the "Registration Fee" for aircraft has been $5 for decades and decades.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yea but they could raise that, or just say that is the equivalent of a drivers license, now you need to put a license plate on your drone say $100 / $200 year. Or you need to buy some insurance or something they require that they sell or who knows what. When it comes to fees/taxes just collecting $$$ the government can get very creative. More than we could ever imagine.

Read pages 80-100...most of the meat is in there.
Actually, the only relevant UAS specific sections are contained in pages 46-111.

Among other items of note on pages 48 and 49:
==========
b) CONSIDERATIONS.—As part of the standards developed under subsection (a), the Director shall consider—
(4)"the feasibility of the development and operation of a publicly searchable online database to further enable the immediate remote identification of any unmanned aircraft and its operator by the general public"
==========

Clearly, the
intent is to make the database publicly searchable...:cool:

Last edited:
More nuggets:
===========

Development of standards for the safe integration of unmanned aircraft into the national airspace system, which may include solutions for—

‘‘(A) developing and enforcing geographic and altitude limitations;

‘‘(B) classifications of airspace where manufacturers must prevent flight of an unmanned aircraft system;

‘‘(C) classifications of airspace where manufacturers of unmanned aircraft systems must alert the operator to hazards or limitations on flight;

‘‘(D) sense and avoid capabilities; and

‘‘(E) beyond-line-of-sight, nighttime operations and unmanned traffic management, or other critical research priorities

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Sweetwater