FAA LAWS? This explains a lot

Reaction score
Confused about FAA Laws? Adam Andrews, captain of the Wisconsin International Drone Day team helps us understand.

Intervie3w-show.png

http://bit.ly/10ySK1X

I watched a bit of the show and IMO, it appears to be a propaganda thing FOR the FAA.
I will fly my phantom within the confines of the law, when congress passes a law that states what I am allowed to do or not allowed to do. As of this moment, there are no such laws.
Did you read the list of charges against Pirker? Where is it written in the law books that one can not fly within 20 feet of a statue or over railroad tracks?
The laws that are in effect, pertain to licensed pilots of licensed aircraft that ARE under the control of the FAA.
RCMA aircraft are not under the jurisdiction of the FAA.
Furthermore, the attorneys for the FAA have said, that the FAA has no jurisdiction of any craft below 700 feet above ground level.

Instead of interviewing some guy whose only experience in the law is knowing what the guidelines are and what the buzz is on the internet, how about interviewing a real attorney who not only knows the law, but is a phantom pilot as well?
I speak of Peter Sachs of www.dronelawjournal.com

Or how about interviewing the NTSB judge who ruled in favor of Mr. Pirker?

How about interviewing someone actually with the FAA?
Have them explain why it is legal to stand on a 500 foot tall building and take a picture, while it is illegal to use a drone to take that same picture?
:geek:

Suwaneeguy said:
I watched a bit of the show and IMO, it appears to be a propaganda thing FOR the FAA.
I will fly my phantom within the confines of the law, when congress passes a law that states what I am allowed to do or not allowed to do. As of this moment, there are no such laws.
Did you read the list of charges against Pirker? Where is it written in the law books that one can not fly within 20 feet of a statue or over railroad tracks?
The laws that are in effect, pertain to licensed pilots of licensed aircraft that ARE under the control of the FAA.
RCMA aircraft are not under the jurisdiction of the FAA.
Furthermore, the attorneys for the FAA have said, that the FAA has no jurisdiction of any craft below 700 feet above ground level.

Instead of interviewing some guy whose only experience in the law is knowing what the guidelines are and what the buzz is on the internet, how about interviewing a real attorney who not only knows the law, but is a phantom pilot as well?
I speak of Peter Sachs of http://www.dronelawjournal.com

Or how about interviewing the NTSB judge who ruled in favor of Mr. Pirker?

How about interviewing someone actually with the FAA?
Have them explain why it is legal to stand on a 500 foot tall building and take a picture, while it is illegal to use a drone to take that same picture?
:geek:

Check your PM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers