FAA Finally Admits Names And Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

No thanks.
I'll take my chances with not registering and just continuing to fly as I've always done, rather than participate in some half-baked shoddily-assembled registration and credit-card-honeypot scheme.

what? You don't trust the gubbment to keep your private info safe? What's wrong with you?!? :D

Can't blame you. The credit card requirement did it for me.

It's a toy for Christ's sake!

I "might" have mailed in $5.00 but **** if I'm going to trust this express train wreck of a toy registration and "hope" they can keep my info safe.
All but decided to dump the hobby. Other reasons I don't need the hassle that I have FAR more invested in than my toy helicopter drones.

But, You know what most people are missing? There is a much darker reason for this registration which has been orchestrated by the left media. Yeah yeah...tinfoil time...I hear them already. But drones gave the common man "eyes in the sky". Too many. Think about that a second.

I can all but GAR-UN-TEE you that within 24 months of this registration starting, there are going to be some startling restrictions coming down the pike as to EXACTLY where you can fly and increasing penalties if you fail to comply. And most of those jumping onboard now are going to feel mighty lame at that point.

I don' t think this registration had anything to do with what the majority of folks think it did.
Look at the way it played out. All the massive publicity sunk into it by the media over what? Why? Really. Just ask yourself realistic questions and you'll come to big boy conclusions.
(Unless you've been utterly successfully indoctrinated)

So what the big deal? What don't they want you to see? The naysayers will demand!!
It's not about the paprazzi. It's about government. Are you familiar with that 2,000,000sq ft spy complex they built so fast out in Utah? Everyone forgot that already? It's still there.
Just an example. But it gets better......stay tuned.
Well, sit back and watch over the next 24 months. If I'm wrong I'll .......well....something.

Mark my words....this will be followed by some nasty restrictions to flight. Juuuuuuust wait my friends. So run along and git yer names on that thar list just as fast as yer stubby legs'll tote ya!!!!

And remember folks...you heard it first right here on JKD radio !

I approved this message. :eek:

Last edited:
registration looks pretty basic.
if you're an illegal citizen in the US, you're off the hook.
Excellent!
So Terrorists and illegals can fly hassle free. You can't make this stuff up.
But you do! ??
Stick to facts instead of making things up.

That's the one thing you got right.

I knew you were a big fan of my posts !!!! Just KNEW it.

But..seriously...did you ask your self the big boy questions yet?
Don't fear my posts just because you don't agree (or they force you to think). ;)

Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate
and Hate leads to suffering

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman44
But..seriously...did you ask your self the big boy questions yet?
Don't fear my posts just because you don't agree (or they force you to think). ;)

Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate
and Hate leads to suffering
Apologies to Paul Simon
Paranoia strikes deep in the heartland
But I think it's all overdone
Exaggerating this exaggerating that
They don't have no fun

I don't believe everything in the forums
Some of them haven't a clue
I ain't worrying
And I ain't scurrying
I'm having a good time

Reactions: GoodnNuff
And....all she wants to do is dance.......
Can't feel the heat.....comin' off the street

lyrics night on boards

lol

Registration leads to confiscation.

Within a few years they will be for all practical purposes illegal to fly any uas.

The law states that the faa has no authority to regulate our hobby. Until that changes its a no-brainer. The "registration" isn't even legal.

Cities make laws all the time that are not legal and the states slap them down for it. This will happen here as well or the first court case will make it invalid.

I'm sure Congress will fold but until then there is no such thing as registration.
It would be similar to the local health department requiring registration because you should be healthy to fly.

Hmmm, I'm just pondering...would terrorists REALLY register their drones anyway?

Of course they would...Registration is ONLY $5.00 !! Who can pass up a deal like THAT ?!?
Heck, early bird terrorists could even register free with a stolen credit card. The math works.

But seriously....
Use a stolen credit card then commit an act of terror with it sending the Feds after the wrong person.
It would be years before they believed the poor innocent stooge who got framed.
By that time. Mr (or Ms.) terrorist is back in Syria enjoying pie Allah mode.

Reactions: Brad Pierce
(sigh) And I thought I was paranoid, some of you have me way way beat in that dept.

If you are so worried about your CC being hacked, get a bank card for say a 100 dollars, most banks or biz places have them for a fee of less than 10$. You can register it with say your first name intial & legal last name, not all of them require registration to be used anyway, I've used them for my cellphone & isp payments before.
And maybe you have a business address? Use that for your FAA registration, I used my biz which is a few towns over from where I actually live, & my mail goes to a POBox in another town so I used that.

I'm not advocating lying, with all the databases we are in, in this day of the internet it wouldnt be hard for some checks to be used to make sure people arent registering with the name of Mickey Mouse who lives in FL at Walt Disney World as fake names & addresses.

Good god people, you are more likely to have your cc skimmed at the local gas station or store, or even hacked from google & amazon then the govt. I know the conspiracy theorists have it in for the government but as a gun owner & CCWP give me a break. :(

I am hesitant to ask, but what would be the difference between using a CC with the FAA and paying your bills online, buying things online, using paypal, buying things on Ebay/Amazon?
Couldn't those be hacked as well?

I guess they could, but they haven't. The only two times I have had a problem were with US government run sites. Three strikes you're out!

And only the government makes our names and addresses public information on the internet.

Last edited:
I used my Corp. card when registering.

Got a call from Bank yesterday that a suspicious charge was attempted in Amsterdam.
Transaction was denied but now card is cancelled and card/number replaced.

No place to update CC info at registration site.

Oh well :)

Reactions: Brad Pierce
I can all but GAR-UN-TEE you that within 24 months of this registration starting, there are going to be some startling restrictions coming down the pike as to EXACTLY where you can fly and increasing penalties if you fail to comply. And most of those jumping onboard now are going to feel mighty lame at that point.

But we already know this will happen and have known for a year now. The FAA has already been mandated to create drone regulation. It was due in Sept. and pushed back. When we are told of the delays they mention all of the input they have had. What they really mean is that the drone industry is pushing back and probably pushing back pretty hard. You and have have thousands involved... they have billions.

Y'all have convinced me! There ARE people so paranoid that maybe they SHOULDN'T own/fly drones. I heartily recommend another hobby less stressful than drone flying.

Maybe get a cat?

Maybe open the eyes?

You mean like all those crazy paranoid Tea Party members who had the nerve to actually think the IRS was targeting them?
Or maybe those silly zealots who are so paranoid that they actually said it was a bad idea to clear out Gitmo?
Or maybe those paranoid gun owners in NewYork who worried that the gun grabbers "might" publish their home addresses in a major newspaper?
And let's not forget the paranoid idiots who still think Benghazi had anything to do with the 2012 elections. Especially the families.
Oh..and the poor paranoid souls who thought the government would actually build a 2 millions sq ft facility in Utah to spy on their phone calls.
Yes, just hysterical all this silly paranoia.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. (an opinion would be....It's just not a very informed place)

Nevertheless....Happy oblivious Holidays !!!

What about the paranoid people who thought that the Gulf of Tonkin was really attacked by North Vietnam and trusting their government sent over 58,000 young men to die?
Nah, brah, you're just paranoid! The govt wouldn't lie to us!

Follow the money. This is about money, power, and control. It has nothing to do with safety or freedom or responsibility.

When they outlaw baseballs and footballs I will then say, ok, let's register because tens of thousands of kids are hurt by those and almost nobody has been hurt by a model aircraft on that scale.

Are you for outlawing balls?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers