Exuma, Bahamas in 4K

hey john,

How long did it take you to get said permits. I am going to both exumas and nassau on the 11th of march and sent an email to both greggory and whitney a few hours ago.

Thanks,
Alex

hey john,

How long did it take you to get said permits. I am going to both exumas and nassau on the 11th of march and sent an email to both greggory and whitney a few hours ago.

Thanks,
Alex

I message every 5-7 days to ff up but I think it took 15 days for Mr Edwards. I got a hold of Whitneykenny in the Bahamas itself. I talked to him on the phone directly, easily. Good luck! Go to Man O war sandbar, Its the best!

John08
Just got my aviation permit for my trip to exuma in April thru the end of May. Based on your experience with customs,I ad a local developer reach out to find out the proper process. In they gave me a name and phone at the ministry of finance to contact foods approval which indicates that he will issue a separate letter or perhaps email ..maybe for an export permit???
In your hour of waiting did you fill out a form speak by phone to a Whitney Kenny ho I have been referred to?

Of good for you. You can email or call him so that you don't have to wait 1 hour and worry about it. It was pretty was after I called him. You can also call him from us phone and have him email or fax the custom permit.

Oh Btw here are the emails that you need to contact to get your drone into the bahamas.
[email protected] customs (in exuma i had to call him because he is from nassau, not sure if it's different if your destination is nassau)
[email protected]

Heading down to Nassau this Saturday. I have the letter from Gregory Edwards, but nothing from Customs. Should I be emailing [email protected] to get something additional? Any specific details on what you needed to do going through customs would be appreciated. We are traveling with a group of 12, and I wouldn't want to hold everyone up for hours.

We will be going scuba diving on a live-aboard dive boat that docks in Nassau, but will be cruising the Exuma Islands next week. Your footage has me excited to go!

Thank you in advance for any additional info.

Heading down to Nassau this Saturday. I have the letter from Gregory Edwards, but nothing from Customs. Should I be emailing [email protected] to get something additional? Any specific details on what you needed to do going through customs would be appreciated. We are traveling with a group of 12, and I wouldn't want to hold everyone up for hours.

We will be going scuba diving on a live-aboard dive boat that docks in Nassau, but will be cruising the Exuma Islands next week. Your footage has me excited to go!

Thank you in advance for any additional info.

Thank you and you're welcome. I'm not sure if you need it because you're going to nassau, it would be better to email mr whitney so that you're worry free. They will ask how much your drone is and ask for a 50% hold, they will give you a receipt. When i returned it they didn't even ask for the drone so even if you lose your drone you might get your money back as long as they didn't check you. Tell them also you got a refurbished on sale drone so that you wont have to mention the full price. Good luck and have fun!

Sent
Thank you and you're welcome. I'm not sure if you need it because you're going to nassau, it would be better to email mr whitney so that you're worry free. They will ask how much your drone is and ask for a 50% hold, they will give you a receipt. When i returned it they didn't even ask for the drone so even if you lose your drone you might get your money back as long as they didn't check you. Tell them also you got a refurbished on sale drone so that you wont have to mention the full price. Good luck and have fun!

Sent an email to Whitney and received a reply back first thing this morning. I think we will be all set! Thank you for posting and saving us the potential hold up in customs.

No problem. I'm glad you got it sorted out. Enjoy the bahamas. Such a nice place for vacation and to fly a drone.

Hmm...I am flying down from Fort Lauderdale International to CAT Island via Nassau to do some fishing for a few days. But, on the way back, I have a small charter directly from CAT (The Bight Airport) to Fort Lauderdale Executive airport. I am concerned about paying money in Nassau when I clear in and then trying to get it back when we leave CAT. It is a REALLY small customs office there. The Bahamians are not exactly noted for their efficiency or promptness when it comes to paying back money.

Also, I have a pretty tight connection in Nassau to Cat on the way down so I cannot afford a lot of delays at customs trying to pay any import duties.

Given the foregoing I guess it would be wise to pass on taking the drone into Bahamas on this trip.

Yeah it is too much of hassle for that. You can try and call them. maybe you can figure it out.

Thanks for all the info guys, hoping to hear back from these contacts before my trip next weekend. I don't know if they are tied up with last weeks festival disaster. Fingers crossed

Thanks for all the info guys, hoping to hear back from these contacts before my trip next weekend. I don't know if they are tied up with last weeks festival disaster. Fingers crossed

I was in Exuma in the first half of April, left my p4 there as I am returning the last two weeks of May for eight days of bonefishing and another 5 days to recover. Hoping to scout the school from the drone view. Theory and practice may not be the same on that.
There should be no residual bad effect from the frye island episode and did not involve any officials on exuma itself as they plan for family island/ragatta events and they got that down pat the last part of April each year.
Did get my permits from Finance and Aviation in time... albeit later than sooner than I would have thought triggering the same worries as posted herein. Assessed the value to customs on the p4 at $300 as it has mileage on it and excluded the RC,batteries and accessories as not being the regulated drone itself. So the deposit import/export fee is/was $150 cash. And, they still have it...till I leave with the drone.
To pay customs refundable fees on one island and then try to retrieve it on departing from another is an interesting adventure in bureaucracy. Please advise on how that goes.
Took the drone to St Martin in January and you could bring a tank into that island without an eyebrow being raised. Some people love to regulate. Someone should post about importing a drone into N. Korea.

That's the most amazing video I've even seen. Great job with the editing and I'm sure it took a while to do.

What portable camera was you using because the quality the phenomenal.

Welcome! Good luck flying!

I was in Exuma in the first half of April, left my p4 there as I am returning the last two weeks of May for eight days of bonefishing and another 5 days to recover. Hoping to scout the school from the drone view. Theory and practice may not be the same on that.
There should be no residual bad effect from the frye island episode and did not involve any officials on exuma itself as they plan for family island/ragatta events and they got that down pat the last part of April each year.
Did get my permits from Finance and Aviation in time... albeit later than sooner than I would have thought triggering the same worries as posted herein. Assessed the value to customs on the p4 at $300 as it has mileage on it and excluded the RC,batteries and accessories as not being the regulated drone itself. So the deposit import/export fee is/was $150 cash. And, they still have it...till I leave with the drone.
To pay customs refundable fees on one island and then try to retrieve it on departing from another is an interesting adventure in bureaucracy. Please advise on how that goes.
Took the drone to St Martin in January and you could bring a tank into that island without an eyebrow being raised. Some people love to regulate. Someone should post about importing a drone into N. Korea.

That's a good one "mileage, battery, and minus remote" I didn't thought about that. I ended up declaring mine worth 700 so I payed 350 then got it back. What's funny is that when you go back to them they just asked for the receipt and not the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl