Extracting waypoints/flight path after a flight

Reaction score
Is there a way of getting waypoints/track off the drone (a Phantom 4 Pro) after a flight is over? I use Litchi for most of my flights (less fussy than DJI go, I find) and had not planned a route or anything, was flying free. But after the flight I was hoping there is a log file somewhere that might be useable so I could plot the drone's route on a map. Thanks

Is there a way of getting waypoints/track off the drone (a Phantom 4 Pro) after a flight is over? I use Litchi for most of my flights (less fussy than DJI go, I find) and had not planned a route or anything, was flying free. But after the flight I was hoping there is a log file somewhere that might be useable so I could plot the drone's route on a map. Thanks
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Click on the KML link and it will give you a Google Earth track of your flight.

Reactions: Capt KO
TAke a photo at your waypoints and use "exiftool(-K)" , a free app that shows you all the meta data from each picture, one photo at a time. Pull the Lat, Lon, Relative Altitude, Heading, and Camera pitch from each photo. Enter those into LItchi and you're mission is good to go. Have done a ton of missions that way using a spreadsheet to organize the data. A little tedious, but rock solid way to hand fly a mission and convert it into a Litchi Waypoint mission.

Yes and no. The flight logs I use are stored on the iPad, and not the FC. Simply copy the .kml and/or .csv files from your iPad to your PC via iTunes or a third-party app like iMazing. The example below is MapPilot, but I'm sure Litchi has the same option.

1592680813466.png

Then simply open the .kml file in Google Earth. I use Google Earth Pro, which is free.

This mission was just a quick test mission.

1592681025123.png

I tend to archive flight logs just because I'm OCD that way:

1592681089766.png

Here's a screen shot of one of the actual missions. This mission had a battery change, so this is just half the mission.

1592681231116.png

Good luck.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31