Exploring Utah's Slot Canyons

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
Without being in them! Flying over them like a hawk and peeking in. Too much fun. I have hiked through a few of them similar to what's seen here. Not as efficient....

Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, Phantom 4 Pro v2. 5 frame vertical pano.

spencerslotviewpano.jpg

Yes, really amazing. This sharp difference between dark red and yellowish red seems like a part had been cut off with a knife.

Reactions: JeffreyS
Without being in them! Flying over them like a hawk and peeking in. Too much fun. I have hiked through a few of them similar to what's seen here. Not as efficient....

Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, Phantom 4 Pro v2. 5 frame vertical pano.

View attachment 119554
Can anyone here help me with Utah's private property law? I want to fly near "Forest Gump Point" but it is outside of Monument Valley National Park however it is still on the Navajo Reservation and there are several private homes nearby. If I fly from the highway am I violating any laws?

Can anyone here help me with Utah's private property law? I want to fly near "Forest Gump Point" but it is outside of Monument Valley National Park however it is still on the Navajo Reservation and there are several private homes nearby. If I fly from the highway am I violating any laws?

I don't believe the Navajo Nation approves of drones over the Tribal Park. It could be done from a more remote location than that main road leading to the View Hotel parking lot. You can check their site for any regulations, but it comes down to the attitude of any individual native who may see you fly. And the attitude is usually not very good, even after they take your money. They love that stuff.

I don't believe the Navajo Nation approves of drones over the Tribal Park. It could be done from a more remote location than that main road leading to the View Hotel parking lot. You can check their site for any regulations, but it comes down to the attitude of any individual native who may see you fly. And the attitude is usually not very good, even after they take your money. They love that stuff.
I wouldn't be flying in the park Forest Gump Point is outside of the park but still on reservation. My main concern is with Utah's new law about not flying over private property. My understanding is you can no longer fly over private property in Utah without the owners permission. To go to FGP you go Northeast on hwy 163 for about 18 miles. Sorry if I gave you the impression I was want to fly from Monument Valley NP.

Reactions: JeffreyS
I will be going to Escalante Grand Staircase in September. Can you fly in the Monument with all the usual restrictions of over people, livestock, wildlife, and wilderness ares?
Thanks!

I will be going to Escalante Grand Staircase in September. Can you fly in the Monument with all the usual restrictions of over people, livestock, wildlife, and wilderness ares?
Thanks!
There are so few people and wildlife there. Almost guaranteed you would never be seen or heard. There are no restrictions on flying there. Of course there are a few popular areas like Lower Calf Creek where you should be aware and courteous.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl