EV-100 Goggles

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is any way to be able to use these goggles with a DJI Phantom 3. Is there any way to change the frequency of the controller to 5.8G.

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to be able to use these goggles with a DJI Phantom 3. Is there any way to change the frequency of the controller to 5.8G.

You'll need something like this bit of kit
to do that - and also something like a power bank 10000mAh Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger For Mobile Phone LED 2 USB | eBay to provide power to the HDMI to AV converter. Total cost would be about GBP20

I've got all of this stuff but as I already have a couple of pairs of goggles which have HDMI inputs, I've never set it all up to work.

However, I have to say that I fear that you'll be pretty disappointed with the result, given the very limited FOV of the EV100's and the usual EV100 feeling that you often get that you are looking at your FPV through a letterbox.... :)

IMHO, unless you're really determined to give it a go, I think you'd be better off getting a proprietary set of HDMI-input goggles.

You'll also need the HDMI output module for the P3 controller, of course, if you haven't got it already.

My controller don't have any place to install the HDMI output module for the P-3 standard controller. It's the one that has the slide switch on the top of the controller.

My controller don't have any place to install the HDMI output module for the P-3 standard controller. It's the one that has the slide switch on the top of the controller.
Ah - apologies - I missed the fact that's it's on a Standard thread , so my idea is no good for you.

A quick Google search turned up a few things for me and it might for you too...

Here's one thing I found, but whether it would definitely work, I don't know.

2.4GHz to 5.8GHz , 500mW Up/Down Converter (UDC5800)

The P3S controller does not support HDMI. I got lucky and landed a used NVIDIA K1 Shield to use as a mobile device. The Shield features an HDMI output I can use with goggles. They are still out there albeit used for a little less than $400.

The video stream from the standard is garbage. 2mbs at best. I've done the same set up and I can tell you, don't waste your time. You want at least a p3p that has a true 10mbs, full 1080 downlink

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4