Eta ate my P4

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Just had to try the wetsuit in a hurricane. Hope someone finds it and calls the ph# but my guess is it autolanded about 3 miles in the Gulf o Mexico. It switched to atti and before I could react, lost contact behind trees. Chased by truck but never reconnected. Did not put the MarcoPolo on before flight. Waaaaa

Pilot Error max. Lol 1st big mistake. Time to break out the P4P that was saved for this reason.

IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0063.jpg
IMG_0064.jpg

It was only at 50’ so it might have run into something before the ocean. If so, the wetsuit should offer some protection. Time will tell but not hopeful. ??
Yes, I panicked, thought I could handle anything. Not!
Now I know how those early mav mini pilots felt. Oh ?

Just had to try the wetsuit in a hurricane. Hope someone finds it and calls the ph# but my guess is it autolanded about 3 miles in the Gulf o Mexico. It switched to atti and before I could react, lost contact behind trees. Chased by truck but never reconnected.
The flight data would be more helpful in understanding what happened than all that colourful stuff.

Well the Kp was good, visibility was ok, winds to the NW. with 60 +mph gusts : I can't believe you would do such a thing. Your wife has all ready said that, huh. LOL
I know I would have wanted to do the same thing. I said, wanted, not that I would do it. I wish I was there, that would have been cool if you would have pulled that one off. Next time, mount a camera on top of a high pole. Where you live, there will be another time. Those storms are cool to watch. I was always amazed at the awesomeness of those storms. Everyone is at their mercy. We had a resident osprey that would hang on to my daughter's wooden swing set when a TS. or hurricane would come by. He was fun to watch trying to hang on.
If you were only 50 feet. it may have hit something, before it got to the gulf like you said. wind direction is pretty constant in those storms. I'd check that possibility out well. Lucky you had all your information labeled on the drone. Check the local pawn shops. It may not be a long shot.

Oh no
That some bad afternoon news,3.15pm here,,weather looks scary,so glad we not get these ,,ours are little,,,anyways hope that thing floats or finds the way home or you find it in a safe place
Bummer,yeh send the fleet up to find,but dont lose no more,,hey good on you to for saying might have been your fault instead of blaming drone firmware,I'm very sure we had that 1 moment good luck and stay safe......hey ETA is for potatoe chips,storms have strange names dont they !lol

The wet suit protects only from rain not from wind LOL.
I would take off in such conditions only if I intend to say by by to my drone.
I think it switched to ATTI because it hadn't been able to maintain the position so decided not to relay on GPS data any more.
But anyway it's not matter any more. Are you going to get a new one?

GOT IT BACK! Young man just called me and returned it. Sure enough made it 5 mi and hit a tree. Little bit wet and he ruined the battery installing upside down and antennas broke, but repairable. All good.
MARK YOUR DRONE!

20201112_145750.jpg

No you can't see the logs. Don't need to get beat up more than I already did to myself. Lol

The wet suit protects only from rain not from wind LOL.
I would take off in such conditions only if I intend to say by by to my drone.
I think it switched to ATTI because it hadn't been able to maintain the position so decided not to relay on GPS data any more.
But anyway it's not matter any more. Are you going to get a new one?
Wetsuit did it's job well. You are right about not holding gps. Looked like it entered a wormhole at 50ft.

Camera video was turned on. Hope to provide the final moments. Should be an interesting flight. Let you know.
Disassembled in front of fan for couple days. Camera and internals have rainwater (overnight upside down). Thinking whole new shell but only legs broken. Couple cracks. Bored, anyway sounds like fun.
Thank you all for your support and well wishes and for holding your tongue when you want to roast me. LOL

The drone doesn't work that way.
Even if it was blowing backwards, it would stay in P-GPS.
Losing GPS for some reason, would cause the drone to be in atti mode.
If the flight data was available, we might get some understanding of what actually happened.

Reactions: BillyN
The drone doesn't work that way.
Even if it was blowing backwards, it would stay in P-GPS.
Losing GPS for some reason, would cause the drone to be in atti mode.
If the flight data was available, we might get some understanding of what actually happened.
I thought it happened from weather related loss of gps but logs show I did it. Believe it was when I thought it switched to sport, which was my intention. Not looking at screen, looking for drone. In atti, gone in seconds with total loss of signal behind trees. Drove to regain signal but probably down by then. Marco next time

Well, I don't see other reason. He said that it jumped to ATTI.
If the drones' (IMU or whatever) couldn't eliminate inconsistencies e.g. big differences in stick inputs and real drone movement, it will discard GPS data and switch to ATTI.
If you have better explanation I would like to hear it. I'm not an expert in electronics, it is just logical reasoning.

GOT IT BACK! Young man just called me and returned it. Sure enough made it 5 mi and hit a tree. Little bit wet and he ruined the battery installing upside down and antennas broke, but repairable. All good.
MARK YOUR DRONE!

View attachment 120600

No you can't see the logs. Don't need to get beat up more than I already did to myself. Lol
What a super great result,see I did say it might come home somehow

MARK YOUR DRONE!

View attachment 120600

NICE there are some decent people in the world !
As for the logs,,,???

Reactions: BigL and Capt KO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers