ESC PWM Pinout Help!

Reaction score
an anyone help me with the Phantom 2 ESC's ? I am looking for the pinout of the connector on the top left of this picture. I believe it is PWM and Positive voltage for the attached LED's on the back.

showatt.php

I need to know which one is + - and signal so I can attach this to an alternate flight controller.

wbal57 said:
an anyone help me with the Phantom 2 ESC's ? I am looking for the pinout of the connector on the top left of this picture. I believe it is PWM and Positive voltage for the attached LED's on the back.

showatt.php

I need to know which one is + - and signal so I can attach this to an alternate flight controller.

Paul Harden reverse engineered the esc and published a 7 page pdf with all signals, scope pix, schematic. He put it up somewhere for easy download but I do not recall where.

Not sure if I would be allowed to post it here but I could PM it to you if you want.

wbal57 said:

showatt.php

The one in white vinyl (plastic) is + and other is the shield which is ground. In fact if you look at the module they are both as to what they are. V for voltage. G for ground.

the flying lead coax is power; v is 11v from battery, g is ground (common). Neither is LED sig.

4pin connector P1 gets the LED sig. PWM like motor control. P1 pin 1 is LED pwm pin 2 is ground (common). Pin 3&4 are tied together for redundancy and are the motor pwm command sig.

Pins 3 & 4 are tied together and are Motor speed PWM.

Hi!

I am sending a PWM signal on pin 3, and the motors do not spin.

Is it not enough to send just a PWM signal? (I'm using a servo tester)

Where can I get the Paul Harden PDF on these ESCs?

compugician said:
Hi!

I am sending a PWM signal on pin 3, and the motors do not spin.

Is it not enough to send just a PWM signal? (I'm using a servo tester)

Where can I get the Paul Harden PDF on these ESCs?

Not sure this is what others referenced but here's a set:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28252

Go to the bottom of the first post for a 'zip' file to download which contains the ESC and main PCB.

These are not official DJI documents!

That plug only goes in one way.

What is the different flight controller that you are wiring because I'm in the same situation? I'm stuck at the voltage part coming into the esc board and I want to know if I can wire a higher voltage to the esc.

What is the different flight controller that you are wiring because I'm in the same situation? I'm stuck at the voltage part coming into the esc board and I want to know if I can wire a higher voltage to the esc.

It would help if we knew what quad you are working on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1