ESC Errors

Reaction score
Hi all,

Crashed my P4, the rear gimbal motor might be damaged (sticky when you rotate it to right side). On start up the camera does its usual rolls, seems fine. But once the I use initializing ends, it's says "cannot fly", and lists errors:

1No ESC Error
2No ESC Error
3No ESC Error
4No ESC Error

Drone flew sideways into a tree, about 20km/h, fell fromabout 20 meters up.
Battery was separated from the drone when I found it.
Motors turn nicely, feel okay.

Tried to recalibrate, load newest firmware, but no luck.
I have two solid red lights on the right side of the Drone, other side no lights
Any ideas what the error means?
Any idea how to fix the above?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Flanjet

Last edited:
Most likely a cable got disconnected inside the drone. You are going to have perform surgery to fix this problem, but if you mechanically inclined should not be that difficult. Check each ESC board, they tend to crack on crashes. There is an ESC center board LEFT and an ESC center board Right.

There are a lot of you tube videos on how to disassemble the aircraft.

Attachments

• DJI P4 ESC Board.JPG
    DJI P4 ESC Board.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 487
Most likely a cable got disconnected inside the drone. You are going to have perform surgery to fix this problem, but if you mechanically inclined should not be that difficult. Check each ESC board, they tend to crack on crashes. There is an ESC center board LEFT and an ESC center board Right.

There are a lot of you tube videos on how to disassemble the aircraft.

ElGuapo, you were right! The ESC Right cable had come loose. thanks for that!
I refastened it, recalibrated, everything, but things are not 100%.
It flys and shows no errors, but it seems to be having issues maintaining a consistent altitude.
it will drop 5 or so metres and then climb back, then increase 5 or so metres then come back down again to the required altitude. It does this very jerky and seems at full power.

Any ideas...?
The gimbal is also a bit jerky while flying, and needs help to find its centre on start up. Keeps going up and down constantly, until i move it into the centree position, then it stops.

Again, I appreciate the help.

Flanjet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31