error

I know being on vacation limits your resources, but I have put 3 in the water, but none salt water. I disassembled the craft and used compressed air in every nook and cranny possible, especially the barometer and left under a fan for a day before reassembly. Open it up and see if the fan is running, good luck.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I had assumed that it is history if it ever got wet. It is good to know that it can survive after being in the water.

I need to research how to disassemble it, just in case......

Thanks for posting. I have learned a lot from reading about the experiences of others on this site.

I would add that getting the battery out of the drone as soon as possible would help save any electronics that may short due to the salt water.

Also being salt water, I would be inclined to clean as much as I could with denatured alcohol. That should clean things up, remove any salt left through evaporation, displace the water and it evaporates quickly. My concern would be without thorough cleaning, evaporation would leave salts behind that would eventually corrode any metal (copper on boards, motor windings, etc) over time and result in a 'catastrophic failure" while flying.

When you say you rinsed it off a few times... did you hold it under a tap or submerge it into fresh water several times? I am a SCUBA diver and let me tell ya that salt water will wreck havoc on anything it touches. You may have noticed big fresh water tubs at dive shacks or on piers where dive boats leave from... those are filled with fresh water to submerge your gear in when you return from diving. The circuits will corrode if every tiny bit of saline water was not flushed out. Even then you will need distilled water to do a final rinse in. Keep in mind it is not the fact it got wet so much as the stuff left behind that will corrode the connections. I used to throw my keyboards for my Mac into the dishwasher every so often when they were still wired. :) Clean & dry is the key.

Good luck with it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.