end of DJI business in USA...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad DJI is a Communist China attachment. That might explain why they don't consider good customer service necessary. As the "boycott China" movement grows DJI will suffer even though they make the best drones. I'll never buy another DJI product after all that has been exposed about China.
American companies never indulge in Industrial Espionage? American companies never are involved in Patent Infringement?

Reactions: droningandmore
The Chinese aren't innovators, they are intellectual property thieves. Always have been

Have nothing to do with the Chinese and in no way am I defending them. I was a big fan of 3DR, (3D Robotics) and was hours away to buy one of their drone, when all of a sudden they ran out of the drone business. What happen to their drone? Why they stopped? Because they where not able to produce a drone as much capable as DJI drones where, at least in that particular era. That time, 3D Robotics drones where two generations behind DJI. And then I read a lot of BS about intellectual property thieves. People buy drones and other products about the quality, (at least that what I think). I only own an old Phantom 3 PRO and for my use is more than enough. I am reading that Skydio 2 and Autel EVO II are capable drones, with Skydio not foldable, and still interested to acquire one of them.

If, as I have read, DJI is an intellectual property thieves, I would assume that a lot of companies do build better drones, not the other way around. I think that other companies are `intellectual property thieves' to DJI at this point in time, as technology that has been used for some years on DJI products is being used on these other drones. Ok, maybe DJI technology is not patented.

And then on what basis do Autel `won' this patent? It was about mechanical design and not electronic design. Get a piece of plastic and make it fly and take photos without electronics. I think is impossible.

Someone mentioned mobiles. I used several brands of mobile phones, except Apple Iphone. Now I have a Chinese brand OnePlus 7, and it is an awesome mobile. Why should I pay hundreds for an Apple Iphone when now I got a Chinese very capable and impressive phone? It is ridiculous. What about PCB's. Get a quote in EU or USA for a batch of PCB, and get a quote from China. Same quality for a fraction of the price.

Reactions: droningandmore
Do you buy drones by political system or by quality. This chinese paranoia is only a USA invention or should I say a single man invention. I hope tbat majority of people do not agree with that. I have nothing to do with China, it's only a common sense.h
Funny to read these conspiracy comment ??‍♂️. Specially calling China “communist”.

Too bad DJI is a Communist China attachment. That might explain why they don't consider good customer service necessary. As the "boycott China" movement grows DJI will suffer even though they make the best drones. I'll never buy another DJI product after all that has been exposed about China.
Will you also never buy another Phone or Drone? as all are either made or the parts are made in China?

Hi Andy I think you are correct. Was editing 4K on my i9-9900K system up until January this year which worked fairly well with Adobe Premier w/ no need for proxies. I built a beast of an editing rig in January using the new 3970X Threadripper w/ 128GB of RAM with all 32 cores overclocked at 4.3GHZ... and even THEN it takes much more time than I would like when rendering and exporting 6K and 8K footage. You need to be very "judicious" when recording at these ultra high resolutions and keep to areas of the video where you know you might likely crop in, or in inspection jobs where key infrastructure targets need the highest resolution. Anything above 4K (and often 1080p) will never be appreciated on most people's monitors and media devices.

You need to download NVENC, an experimental plugin for Premiere that uses the 3500 cores on your 2080Ti to do the rendering at massively faster speeds.
I've been using NVENC to cut 14 hour renders to just 5 minutes for 90 minutes of multicamera HD footage.
With HEVC capability and fast renders, NVENC is a win-win for Premiere.

I recently edited a video for the Connecticut Governors Horse Guard, at their facility which has a dozen pastures, barns and rinks. Most of the video was done with with my 4K JVC and my P3P both set to 3840X2160/30p. There were 4 horses in a far pasture comezerating with 2 other horses over their fence, playing really, the director had an idea. On the original clip these horses were very small in the top left corner of the scene, I was able to zoom in, and even see the birds walking around the grass under the horses feet. 4K is a wonderful thing, I can't wait for 6K.
Captain Bill

They let you fly a drone there? Details?

Hey Capt Bill! If you can put a few more $$ into it, the 6K EVO II Pro with it's larger sensor will actually render a better image with a lot more features and controls than the 8K... I've been pouring over lots of 6K original files (not the images compressed by Youtube) along with the 8K files and I find that images and video are a whole level better in the 6K EVO II Pro. Don't get me wrong, the 8K images are very nice, but when I edit both the 6K and 8K footage side by side, and zoom in, the 6K video and images render with more detail I have a lot more information from the sensor to work with in editing. I originally was going to get the 8K and just upgrade the camera in the future to the 6K Pro. I figured the cost of the camera modules would be equal to the difference in price between the EVO II and EVO II Pro (roughly $300) - BOY was I wrong! I think the camera module for the 6K by itself was around $800! I quickly cancelled the 8K and put the order in for the EVO II Pro saving $500. Drone-Works is selling the EVO II with no crazy Amazon markups.
Any idea why the 8K version has less features and a 1/2" sensor and the 6K has more and a 1"? Trying to figure that one out. But, I'm interested to see the still images from the 6k version.
It does shoot RAW right? (or will...)

Being that was then and this is now
and this thread has went off topic I see no reason for it to continue guys.
You want to coment on it do it here DJI wins in court, Autel patents invalid

Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers