Enable Hardware Decode? iPad Air 2!

Reaction score
Should this be on or off?

What's it do?

I have read a few threads some say on some off? What are most doing?

What I have seen recommended here most often and on the DJI site is that A7 processors have it on, and the A8 or A8X processors have it off.

I have an Air 2, and have flown about 1/2 the time with it on and 1/2 the time with it off and so far I haven't seen any difference.

Reactions: JoBe
Cool. Do you get any interference or blocky picture on your Air 2? Do you turn off wifi and Bluetooth?

I've only flown once with the Air 2 and had a blocky video even losing it a couple of times. I was tethering though to my iPhone via Bluetooth at the time.

This is what got me thinking about Hardware Decode!!

If you are going to live stream, I believe it has to be off or youtube will not connect.. at least that is what was demonstrated in a video on youtube.

Cool. Do you get any interference or blocky picture on your Air 2? Do you turn off wifi and Bluetooth?

I've only flown once with the Air 2 and had a blocky video even losing it a couple of times. I was tethering though to my iPhone via Bluetooth at the time.

This is what got me thinking about Hardware Decode!!
My Air 2 has been flawless. Very solid video, no lag, no blockiness, no loss. I normally have wifi on and bluetooth off, but I dont really think it matters. I have the bluetooth off most of the time just for battery savings, not because I'm afraid of any interference.

I've heard a lot of people say how well the Air 2 performs so was disappointed when mine was blocky. I think it was because I was tethering. I suppose when wifi and Bluetooth is on is one thing but when data is blasting back and forth it's another. Next flight out will be with them off so should be good.

Thanks for the replies.

Reactions: Oso
I've never used it, it's Off. iPad Air 2. Video feed silky smooth. I tether to my iPhone to update maps, then switch to Airplane Mode.

If you are going to live stream, I believe it has to be off or youtube will not connect.. at least that is what was demonstrated in a video on youtube.

Mmm no that's crap. I have an air 2. Decoding on I live stream no problem.

I will try it off. It was always on - that may cause extra heating of ipad mini3 And yes I have changed it to 4 mbps

I will try it off. It was always on - that may cause extra heating of ipad mini3 And yes I have changed it to 4 mbps
Mini 3 is an A7, so the recommendation is to enable hardware decode for best performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31