Ejecting propeller on P4

Reaction score
Had some good flights of our Phantom 4 over Easter in Wales. On one occasion I didn't put one of the propellers on properly by accident - I caught it on film below in slo-mo (at about the 3min mark in the vid, sorry can't work out how to get it to skip to the relevant part).

It basically launched vertically by itself, must have gone quite high and slowly came down at the back of the shot. The P4 itself was ready to take off by this point, and ended up flipping over onto the road surface. Some scratches on one of the motors but apart from that no damage. Will definitely be double-checking this in the future, the propellers are kind of 'quick-fit' types not like P3's which I gather are self tightening. Also thinking about getting some sort of rigid fold out launch-pad as had a few occasions where flipped on landing - any suggestions?

Jump to where the prop flies off:
Code:
https://youtu.be/8_N_Ps0vhws?t=3m2s

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me on my first flight! I carefully put them but when I turned the motors on, one of the props flew away.

Same thing happened to me on my first flight! I carefully put them but when I turned the motors on, one of the props flew away.
Yeah - I practiced quite carefully at home but when you're out ahead of flying it, possibly with people watching you don't feel that confident click like you do at home. Anyway you learn. Any damage to yours when this happened - could you fly anyway?

Yeah - I practiced quite carefully at home but when you're out ahead of flying it, possibly with people watching you don't feel that confident click like you do at home. Anyway you learn. Any damage to yours when this happened - could you fly anyway?
No damage was happened . I quickly killed the motors but I could injure someone, fortunately there was no one around

I put them on, then move them side to side gently to make sure they stop each way then I gently pull straight up to make sure they stop (don't come off)

I do this for each one every time before I take off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31