Easy fix for loose blade mounts on P4P

Reaction score
The plastic blade mounts on my P4P have been slightly loose from new. It has always bothered me that the countersunk screws were not snug in the countersunk holes in the mounts. I tried to tighten them but found the unthreaded part of the screw fractionally too long. The screw was tight in the motor thread but not to the mount. It needed a shim of some sort.

My fix: Remove a mount. Take a 2 inch square of polythene tape (in my case, polytunnel repair tape, 0.1mm thick - ebay) and punch a 3mm hole in the centre. Lay the tape on the top of the motor with the spindle through the hole. Pierce the five holes in the tape (2 locator, 3 threaded) and refit the spring, mount and screws. The mount should now be snug. If not, try slightly thicker tape. Finally, using a sharp blade, carefully cut around the outline of the mount and remove all excess tape.

It only took about 20 minutes to do all 4 mounts and the AC definitely feels smoother and more stable.

I much appreciate all the useful info on this forum so thought I'd make a contribution.

Regards to all.

Simon (UK)

Reactions: jephoto

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl