Easier with fpv

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking it is easier to fly with fpv because wherever the camera is facing, that the controls would be as they would lookin at the phantom normally hope you understand what I'm trying to say or am I way off please help

FPV can be trickier than watching from a distance. First you have no peripheral vision to the sides and camera distance should be practiced so you know what it looks like via camera. Alot of camera shots look closer than what they actually are.

Littlerichy said:
Am I right in thinking it is easier to fly with fpv because wherever the camera is facing, that the controls would be as they would lookin at the phantom normally hope you understand what I'm trying to say or am I way off please help

In terms of orientation, yes you're right.

But you're also limited to an always front-facing view, so you can't see what's above\behind\on your sides, if you're moving your craft not in a forward direction.

The field of view of the lens also matters. If you use a very wide angle lens, objects will appear further away than they actually are... so that needs to be compensated with understanding and practice.

Lastly.. if the camera that you're using for FPV is on a gimbal, you won't easily know the angle of the quad (whether you're intentionally banking or if it's fighting wind, etc) because you're getting the stabilised viewpoint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.