DVR Fathark goggles

Ash

Reaction score
Hi. Its got me wondering why Fatshark have put a DVR recorder into the Fatshark Dominator goggles. I imagine most flights are recorded on camera, would anyone want to see DVR footage from the camera? Maybe there are other benefits, anyone know of any?

Thanks guys

i think alot of people like to see the telemetry from a flight, i'm ordering the Fatshark Dominator V2's purely for the DVR. I also keep threatening to get a DVR to plug into my Black Pearl. It can also help if you do have a fly-away, you've got direct access to footage to see where it went

Hi, ah yes getting the footage from a downed Phantom will be good. I have just received the Doms v2 can't wait to try them out. Thanks

let us know what you think to them, i'm waiting for some money i'm owed before i can order mine (already got the receiver module lol)

Just purchased the module on your advice if i remember rightly, the fatshark tx 250mw was out of stock so its put me behind 10 days ARRRRGGGG!! They are not cheap Fandango as you know, I had to dig deep, just preying they live up to their review. Hope your money comes soon.

Ash said:
Just purchased the module on your advice if i remember rightly, the fatshark tx 250mw was out of stock so its put me behind 10 days ARRRRGGGG!! They are not cheap Fandango as you know, I had to dig deep, just preying they live up to their review. Hope your money comes soon.
10days behind, with the weather how's its been lately you won't be able to fly till then anyway lol

from the reviews i've seen everyone's been happy with the V2's, even recommending them over the Dominator HD's so they can't be bad. I wear glasses so just hope the lens kit works & i can actually see with them lol

p fandango said:
i think alot of people like to see the telemetry from a flight, i'm ordering the Fatshark Dominator V2's purely for the DVR. I also keep threatening to get a DVR to plug into my Black Pearl. It can also help if you do have a fly-away, you've got direct access to footage to see where it went

Just got mine a few days ago. Very disappointed with the resolution and clarity, doesn't seem like much improvement over the Attitudes.
But Fatshark states the main reason the DVR is there is aid in the recovery of your UAV should you lose it.

Its getting time I had my eyes tested, getting towards that age I think. Hopefully they will work for you......sure they will. Yes I have seen some say the extra £££'s isn't worth the HD's. However myself, I did see a little better picture with the HD, but marginal.

Ash said:
Oh dear GoodnNuff, I didn't want to hear that lol. ah well time will tell for us

Well the viewing area is larger, and I am happy with the bigger screen. But I just wished the resolution was true HD, not just 800p.

Thats fine GoodnNuff, I appreciate your honest opinion good or bad. Thanks for taking the time to post

Since FPV transmitters only handle SVGA resolution, HD goggles will produce a blurry image with the original pixels 'smeared' out over the HD resolution.
I have Fatshark predator V2 which is OKish. But on my HD screen the image is blurry. On my old Olympus VGA goggles the image is very sharp although the resolution is only half of the Fatshark, go figure.

Unless we get a HD signal from a FPV Tx we will never have a use for the HD resolution on our screens or goggles. That's my view on it.
Instead of paying a lot extra for HD goggles I spent the extra doe to get a (HD)diversity screen with built in DVR. Now I have both options. I normally have the goggles on and the screen records the DVR with it's own receiver. Also, having a second stand alone FPV option gives me some peace of mind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl