Dusk over the Ala wai canal (Honolulu, Hawaii)

Brought back some memories of running along there when I was on UK secondment to the Marine base there -sweet

Reactions: ronvave
Brings back memories. Used to paddle for Outrigger Canoe Club when I was a kid. On high surf days we would work out in the canal. Nice vid.

Great video, good view of Diamond Head. Do you live in Honolulu? Would be nice to see some footage of Waikiki beach.

Unfortunately, my drone lost power from 46% to 0% within seconds while at an altitude of 72.5m, on Rabbit island (illegal to step on because its a bird sanctuary) and would have crashed. That was 10 days ago. Not getting any legal approval to retrieve drone so its just sitting there somewhere.

Unfortunately, my drone lost power from 46% to 0% within seconds while at an altitude of 72.5m, on Rabbit island (illegal to step on because its a bird sanctuary) and would have crashed. That was 10 days ago. Not getting any legal approval to retrieve drone so its just sitting there somewhere.

I would go by sea life park. Talk to one of their biologist. See if they have any trips planned out there. Decaying batteries cannot be good for environment. See if you could hook a ride.

I would go by sea life park. Talk to one of their biologist. See if they have any trips planned out there. Decaying batteries cannot be good for environment. See if you could hook a ride.
That's what I told DLNR as well, regarding decaying battery but.... also, even with Sealife park trip, it'll be still illegal to get on island.

That's what I told DLNR as well, regarding decaying battery but.... also, even with Sealife park trip, it'll be still illegal to get on island.

I'm sure the biologists have permission to step on the island. Find someone with a hardy drone with range and see if you could spot it and talk someone there into retrieving it for you.

Still as beautiful as I recall. Thanks for the memories. Spent some great times right there(stayed at the Ala Moana, Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki and the North Shore.) and was over that bridge quite a few times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20