Dual Battery Mod

What do you mean about holding my bird back?

Do you mean the MultiStar split 5.2's ? I've done two more test with them one with pro one with standard I believe it was 28:34 minutes for the pro
34:12 for the standard both down to 5% and both with 12mph winds
So it's getting better, I'll do a couple more ,contact Horizon, see if he still wants to put it out there to the general public. Right now on the PIII a/P it looks like you can expect 28 to 32 minutes possible. On the PIII S 30- 35 so are there bigger heavier battery combos you can put together, yes but for one that you can't even tell is strapped to your bird and you can charge with the DJI charger, complete plug-and-play, I think there'll definitely be a market for this for someone who just wants to strap on a battery every time they're feeling froggy but not have the bird committed to a long-distance machine
Wow I did not know you where getting that good of results. 30 min, is great.

Wow I did not know you where getting that good of results. 30 min, is great.
It's getting better every time I fly them by a little bit, it's either because they're getting broken as batteries do, or because the weather here is warming up.

I don't think it matters switched or inswitched, don't hold me to it but I think it's been done both ways
yes it does matter my first battery mod was done to the unswitched side it was the easiest to soldier to it does not work simple as that ...then i had to redo it and battery mod is fine 29 mins flite with nanotech 1600 14.8 volt.you asked why your not getting the flite time well thats the problem.

ok thnaks, I was was looking at
Venom Fly 25C 4S 2300mAh 15.2V LiHV LiPo Batteries
each 221.7 g
yes i have these batts they are not 221gr which is good but i have only got 26 mins when i was testing it was colder.now thats its warmer hope to see 30 mins unknown caller got 34 mins.but i cant do any flying as my bird is in canada and i am in the philippines.

yes it does matter my first battery mod was done to the unswitched side it was the easiest to soldier to it does not work simple as that ...then i had to redo it and battery mod is fine 29 mins flite with nanotech 1600 14.8 volt.you asked why your not getting the flite time well thats the problem.
I'm pretty sure I got four of them that I've done and it's on the unswitched side. I'll check some diagrams tonight to make sure I know which side is the Unswitched,before I go talking out of my ***

I'm pretty sure I got four of them that I've done and it's on the unswitched side. I'll check some diagrams tonight to make sure I know which side is the Unswitched,before I go talking out of my ***
dirtybum i did not mean to offend you in any way.all i meant was my first batt mod i did was to the unswitched side it did not work for me.so i tried the switched side and it worked.i am not talking out of my *** i am just saying what my experience was

Slow down Silver, I am in no way offended nor threatened, hope i did make you feel either[emoji41] just sharing ideas and experiences and even though I said " i'm pretty sure" i still want to check so we dont steer anyone into a crappy mod! It's all good

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
O.k I check my diagrams and I MIS-SPOKE, I solder my xt-60's to the SWITCHED side. The top of the board under the cap same side as the prongs are on! So I was talkin out my ***!

OK guys, I started a post about the Horizon 5.2 split mod. I encourage you to give it a chance if you're looking for a complete plug-and-play system. We never know what will work with us and our aircraft until we try it. I also encourage you to post on that thread your results if you do order it. Good luck!
Plug n play battery mod

More test results if people are interested. This serves to test the comparison between different dual batteries.

This time my test was not as clinical (my wife got pissed off with me flying in the dining room!). All tests were performed back to back on the same day. Temperature didn't change much throughout the day but the wind did get stronger later in the day (4400's & 5200's). I hovered at 100m height and ran the battery from 100% to 15%. DJI battery was fitted in all of these tests (I've stopped progressing the DJI battery-less version because the battery manager is being a pain in the ***)

FLIGHT TIMES

Split DJI Battery - 27:50
2 x Hyperion 1800 - 29:15
2 x Hyperion 2800 - 32:51
2 x Hyperion 3650 - 34:12
2 x Hyperion 4400 - 36:51 (strong winds)
2 x MultiStar 5200 - 37:47 (strong winds)

I reckon that on a good day the 5200's could get 40mins.

I also have 2 x MultiStar 6600's but I think that I'm already pushing bird hard.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Gh0stxSinghx
Its possible to get that flight time w/ (1) 5.2 so I guess thats kind pointless to add more w/ (2) 6.6's[emoji41]

37minutes with one 5.2? Maybe under very different conditions to my test.

There are so many variables, it's difficult to get a 'normal' flight time for a specific battery size. Iv tried to show this as a like for like (ish) comparison. I don't want to split one of my 5.2's to try it but I suspect that it would be similar to the 2 x 2800's (similar weight and mah). Perhaps someone with both could to a couple of tests for a like for like comparison.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My bad Hebs,I just remembered you was doing the mud with just the smart And then you were running (2)'s5.2 so your numbers make perfect sense. Thanks for the time you put into this I've enjoyed reading

My bad Hebs,I just remembered you was doing the mud with just the smart And then you were running (2)'s5.2 so your numbers make perfect sense. Thanks for the time you put into this I've enjoyed reading
So is anyone contemplating splitting the 6600 mAh into two externals for better balance, over adding it as a single brick below the VPS? It would add 1000 more mAh than my two 2800 mAh MaxAmps for only 34g more!

Yeah and he's also selling the battery mod kit with standard LiPo not LiHV. It wasn't until recently that we confirmed the chemistry of the DJI packs. Like I said, it has been working without issue for people to have mixed LiPo and LiHV. But why short change yourself the 10% loss in not running LiHV packs? Here's the charger I'm using @Silverwingflinx is using the same one and had puffing but he was charging at 5C rate. I don't think anyone else had issues with puffing yet.
Amazon.com: Skyrc AC/DC D100 Dual Balance Charger/Discharger for 1-6 Cell LiPo/LiFe/Lilon/LiHV Battery,1-15 Cell NiMH/NiCd Battery: Toys & Games
Hey Ed, what settings are you using on this my I ask please?

I'll be using Horizon's converted original DJI battery with the balance connector and 5.2 liHV external.

So is anyone contemplating splitting the 6600 mAh into two externals for better balance, over adding it as a single brick below the VPS? It would add 1000 more mAh than my two 2800 mAh MaxAmps for only 34g more!
It's already been established that splitting a big book battery cuts down on the time by a couple minutes for some unknown reason

Hey Ed, what settings are you using on this my I ask please?

I'll be using Horizon's converted original DJI battery with the balance connector and 5.2 liHV external.
Settings on the charger? I always charge at 1C. So 5.2A on the D100.

Settings on the charger? I always charge at 1C. So 5.2A on the D100.
can you do the smart bat and the external at the same time (like with normal dji charger) or do they have to be separate?

I'm not sure if I'm following you? You mean charge the DJI battery on the D100? I always charge the DJI battery with the DJI charger and charge my external batteries with the D100.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72