Dual Batteries

Reaction score
So now i have got the phantom bug and now think the best thing to do is trade the wife in for a phantom 3.

Before the phantom my life was dull and boring, but now i have been taken over by this fever to upgrade!

Will fitting the extended battery tray and dual batteries ruin my motors or any other onboard wizardry?

I fitted the upgrades the other day and powered her up and she was fine. However when i powered down the motors slowed down into just a spin but didnt fully stop.

Not a problem i could reach and disconnect the batteries but just dont want to find in six months time my phantom is scrap and i have to sit again........alone... listening to the dull tones of my partner nagging me about carpets.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

The dual battery was very popular when they were current. I don't recall anyone reporting issues. If you hook it up right you should be golden. I have not owned an FC but they are similar to other models. You start & stop the motors with a CSC or "Combination Stick Command". Alternatively they should stop on their own after 3 seconds of low speed idle.

Your gonna wanna read this thoroughly. ;)
Manual Link - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_fc40/en/Phantom_FC40_User_Manual_v1.06_en.pdf

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 12.52.25 AM.png

Last edited:
When using a Gimbal w/Gopro these birds can be quite front heavy. The front motors/ESC seem to work much harder keeping things level.

I bought a dual battery mounting kit but ended up using only one of the brackets on the rear. A couple notches in the battery door and one battery inside, parallel wire/connector dongle and now the 2nd pack sits on the rear bracket.

This arrangement helps better balance front-rear with the Gimbal & Gopro and doesn’t obstruct as much prop wash as dual batteries on either exterior side of the shell.

OMT - only needed to barely modify my backpack foam to accommodate the rear battery bracket. Much better than my options with both brackets to fit inside the bag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20