Drug conviction on 107

Reaction score
I have a drug conviction back in 2004. Will the faa deny me my application for my 107 license. I know they ask on the application?? Its been so long ago..

Reactions: R Martin
According to Rupprecht Law (Section 107.57 Offenses involving alcohol or drugs. (2018)), the denial should be only for a period of up to 1 year after the date of final conviction. The following is from their web page:

Section 107.57 Offenses involving alcohol or drugs.
(a) A conviction for the violation of any Federal or State statute relating to the growing, processing, manufacture, sale, disposition, possession, transportation, or importation of narcotic drugs, marijuana, or depressant or stimulant drugs or substances is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year after the date of final conviction; or

(2) Suspension or revocation of a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating.

(b) Committing an act prohibited by §91.17(a) or §91.19(a) of this chapter is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year after the date of that act; or

(2) Suspension or revocation of a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating.

I'll be interested to hear how this works out for you. A family member of mine has a past drug conviction and is planning to apply for his part 107 as well. Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Bob

I just finally got threw to the right department of the faa. They also said it was only a year. Really didn't want to pay 150.00 and pass just to get denied later seems like they let you submit the application first, To make sure there would be any problems...

That's what i tought too but it didnt ask,if yes what date ,beside the question just a yes or no box..
Yip be honest in yes or no box,,sounds like catch 22 situation,,say no they might decline it,,say yes they might decline it too,,laws have to many bylaws ,good luck with this question,,,,if it's like border patrol on TV saying no to any old police charges will not let you into some states,especially Canada

In my opinion, the FAA shouldn't deny you your application for the 107 license. This happened so long ago. I assume that now you can prove that you have no longer problems with drugs, so I assume that everything should go smoothly. By the way, what kind of drugs did you take? For example, I take THC weed edibles, but in my opinion, this doesn't mean that I am a drug addict. Maybe the drug you used in 2004 was interdicted then, but is allowed now? I think you should also pay attention to this. I hope you will succeed. Stay safe and have a great day!

Section 107.57 Offenses involving alcohol or drugs.
(a) A conviction for the violation of any Federal or State statute relating to the growing, processing, manufacture, sale, disposition, possession, transportation, or importation of narcotic drugs, marijuana, or depressant or stimulant drugs or substances is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year after the date of final conviction; or

(b) Committing an act prohibited by §91.17(a) or §91.19(a) of this chapter is grounds for:

(1) Denial of an application for a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year after the date of that act; or

You are good to go as long as you have surpassed the one year date or better of the date of conviction (so 14 years ago is fine) AND you have surpassed the one year date of the act itself (there again, 14 years is good to go.

Reactions: BigL
It's your fault mate, you choose this road and know you have to pay for that. I don't want to be rude, but this is reality. I am sure that this will be a good lesson for you. Furthermore, I just don't see a point in using hard drugs when you can buy legally CBD edibles, and just relax, In case I interested someone, I can leave you the link Beverages where I am personally buying. Hope my message will be helpful for someone.
Nice. A shaming sales pitch. Your message was helpful to no one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik