Drones used over Austin bomber's house.

Reactions: maxheadspace
Government agencies are generally exempt from those regs or are allowed to have a “blanket” waiver on file.
Law enforcement in Az operate that way.

Only if they have a COA and those "allowances" are written into the COA.

If they aren't then the RPIC must have the waiver issued to them.

We operate both Part 107 operations and Public Use COAs for our district. Sometimes one works better than the other.

Reactions: Mark3710

We operate both Part 107 operations and Public Use COAs for our district. Sometimes one works better than the other.

Are you refering to federal law enforcement ?

Are you referring to federal law enforcement ?

In what terms? FAA Regulations are "Federal" so if you're asking about that aspect then YES.

Government agencies are generally exempt from those regs or are allowed to have a “blanket” waiver on file.
Law enforcement in Az operate that way.

Then you said

Are you refering to federal law enforcement agencies.

Then you said

Are you refering to federal law enforcement agencies.

@Indiana_pyro I think you're confused here. You posted quotes from another member (@Mark3710 ) and then from me. I can only answer for posts I make and not what others make.

My comment is for any agency/dept flying in the NAS. Federal, State, local, private etc. We all fly under FAA regulations regardless of who we are affiliated with.

I'm not confused what so ever. Actually this is easy to figure out. I quoted someone else's post to clarify who you were speaking of in your response. It seems you responded saying that even federal government agencies have to adhere to every rule like you or I. If that's what you meant (and it appears from the above post you are)- I believe you are very wrong. Not sure where you get all your information from, but unless you personally know some people in the federal government that will talk with you openly about what and how they do things, I believe your just going on what the book says and or what you might find out in a phone call or your own opinion. I know for certainty regardless of anything, the feds have different rules and privileges than you and I.

I'm not confused what so ever. Actually this is easy to figure out. I quoted someone else's post to clarify who you were speaking of in your response. It seems you responded saying that even federal government agencies have to adhere to every rule like you or I. If that's what you meant (and it appears from the above post you are)- I believe you are very wrong. Not sure where you get all your information from, but unless you personally know some people in the federal government that will talk with you openly about what and how they do things, I believe your just going on what the book says and or what you might find out in a phone call or your own opinion. I know for certainty regardless of anything, the feds have different rules and privileges than you and I.

You obviously don't know me or what I do or who I fly with so that's understandable but be careful there... you're borderline "getting personal" in your rant. I fly with "Federal" agencies and unless you're talking about some obscure "Special Ops" program/dept they do follow FAA Regulations just like the rest of us. How in the world can we all use the same airspace safely and not fly with the same rules? They may not follow every rule in the world like you and I do but from an Aviation stand point, and in association with sUAS operations they have the same rules you and I do in the same circumstances.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about Special Use airspace such as MOA etc but "normal" classifications of airspace (E, G, D, C, B,).

Just to clarify, I was adding to/enforcing exactly what @Mark3710 stated by merely adding some additional facts. Even a government agency has to have either RPIC of a Publc Use COA unless there is some "dark secret" type of certification that Special Ops depts have that no one else is aware of. In general (and I'm sure there are exceptions) they are following the same FAA Regs as you and I do.

You obviously don't know me or what I do or who I fly with so that's understandable but be careful there... you're borderline "getting personal" in your rant. I fly with "Federal" agencies and unless you're talking about some obscure "Special Ops" program/dept they do follow FAA Regulations just like the rest of us. How in the world can we all use the same airspace safely and not fly with the same rules? They may not follow every rule in the world like you and I do but from an Aviation stand point, and in association with sUAS operations they have the same rules you and I do in the same circumstances.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about Special Use airspace such as MOA etc but "normal" classifications of airspace (E, G, D, C, B,).

Just to clarify, I was adding to/enforcing exactly what @Mark3710 stated by merely adding some additional facts. Even a government agency has to have either RPIC of a Publc Use COA unless there is some "dark secret" type of certification that Special Ops depts have that no one else is aware of. In general (and I'm sure there are exceptions) they are following the same FAA Regs as you and I do.

Rant ? Getting Personal ? Neither one of those are true. However, you now are saying not everyone has the same rules. That's all I was trying to say in the first place. I'm shaking my head as to how you can take this as a rant or getting personal.

Rant ? Getting Personal ? Neither one of those are true. However, you now are saying not everyone has the same rules. That's all I was trying to say in the first place. I'm shaking my head as to how you can take this as a rant or getting personal.

Federal Agencies (including LE) follow the same public/civil Federal regulations that apply to everyone else. The military branches work under different rules.

So if the question under discussion was whether or not Federal Agencies fly under either Part 107 or a COA then the answer is yes.

Reactions: BigAl07
I know for certainty what I'm talking about and its not military operations. Furthermore there are NO civilian pilots involved in these operations period.

I know for certainty what I'm talking about and its not military operations. Furthermore there are NO civilian pilots involved in these operations period.

Please elaborate or consider your message delivered and move on.

The constant ‘I know something you don’t’ is getting old.

Elaborate- well I figured pretty much everyone already knows not all the feds do things the rest of us have to.

The "constant" ??? Sorry- I don't mean to be like that. That would be just as annoying as people who would think that everything they say is the way it is and wouldn't like anyone saying otherwise.

Last edited:

Are you going to tell us what you are talking about or not?

Elaborate- well I figured pretty much everyone already knows not all the feds do things the rest of us have to.

The "constant" ??? Sorry- I don't mean to be like that. That would be just as annoying as people who would think that everything they say is the way it is and wouldn't like anyone saying otherwise.

I'm quite sure that you are welcome to say otherwise. Except, as already pointed out, you are not saying anything at all beyond implying that you know something that we don't. That's not much of a basis for a discussion.

Reactions: BigAl07
[QUOTE="sar104, post: 1345009, member: 8925"-I'm quite sure that you are welcome to say otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Well I did- and didnt think I was rude about it to BigA ,but as he stated above, he said I was borderline "getting personal" and still havent had an explanation from him as to how my post was anywere close to that. Its obvious he has visted this thread since hes liking posts but hasnt explained the "getting personal" comment yet.

Well I did- and didnt think I was rude about it to BigA ,but as he stated above, he said I was borderline "getting personal" and still havent had an explanation from him as to how my post was anywere close to that. Its obvious he has visted this thread since hes liking posts but hasnt explained the "getting personal" comment yet.

Fair enough, but you still seem to be dodging the discussion. Is there a reason for that?

Fair enough, but you still seem to be dodging the discussion. Is there a reason for that?

Not dodging anything. The whole reason i posted here because I was taking it that BigA was impling all goverenment agencies follow the same rules as the rest of us. He fixed that in post 10. What more is there to explain about that?

Not dodging anything. The whole reason i posted here because I was taking it that BigA was impling all goverenment agencies follow the same rules as the rest of us. He fixed that in post 10. What more is there to explain about that?

Your statement that you know of (unnamed) Federal agencies (non-military) not complying with FAA regulations. Why are you unwilling to elaborate?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic