Drones rule for portugal

After a quick glance to the regulation text, it seems a fairly one, easier to follow than regulations in Spain, and probably achieving same or better end-safety.

A curiosity I had not seen before in national drone regulations: The necessity to have lights on during flights, even at daylight

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

After a quick glance to the regulation text, it seems a fairly one, easier to follow than regulations in Spain, and probably achieving same or better end-safety.

A curiosity I had not seen before in national drone regulations: The necessity to have lights on during flights, even at daylight

Hola Javier,

I plan on visiting the Azores next spring and I'm thinking about taking my P4 along. This would be just me as a tourist taking videos etc. I'm a US citizen, and have a FAA Remote Pilot certificate.

I don't read or understand spoken Portuguese, so is there anything in these rules I should be concerned about as I shoot vacation footage in the Azores?

Sincerely,
Robert

Check the map to see restricted flight zones there just like anywhere, national parks are often restricted in spain, not a soul for miles but still cat d, it's ott regulation by dunce politicians....
I'm in Spain, the rules are over 2 kg like an inspire you need a pilots license, where do you get this is a mystery and open to fraud like a lot here....ie people with sailing certificate who don't even like being on boats but they bought the license !
There's a program called airmap very good but youre drone will also tell you if you've cached the maps

Hola Javier,

I plan on visiting the Azores next spring and I'm thinking about taking my P4 along. This would be just me as a tourist taking videos etc. I'm a US citizen, and have a FAA Remote Pilot certificate.

I don't read or understand spoken Portuguese, so is there anything in these rules I should be concerned about as I shoot vacation footage in the Azores?

Sincerely,
Robert

Hi Robert
As far as I can tell there's no major restrictions to fly in Portugal, Acores included.
Just bear in mind the usual restrictions on flying near airports, government buildings, military etc.
I'm sure you'll find beautiful spots with magnificent views for filming and photography.
All the best.
Antonio

Hi Robert.
I'm Spanish. Although I do not speak much portuguese, I can read it fairly well.
In general, and summarizing, the new rules for a P4 type RPA are similar to the ones in many countries, and seem fairly logical: a maximum altitude of 120m (400ft) is compulsory; you cannot fly closer than 2.5 km (8,200 ft) radius from an airport without ATZ or CTR. If ATZ exists, you can fly only below the corresponding defining height limits of that zone. Also, you can fly below the height amd within 75m (250ft) around any artificial or natural obstacle.

Only VLOS distance, not by night, and always with on-board lights on. Never fly over crowds of more than 12 people. I haven't found how much distance is VLOS, but in Spain VLOS in RPA rules is defined as 500m (1.640ft)

Last edited:
I flew all over the al garve last week with no problems
Usual rules and respect applied did not have any problems !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi Robert.
I'm Spanish. Although I do not speak much portuguese, I can read it fairly well.
In general, and summarizing, the new rules for a P4 type RPA are similar to the ones in many countries, and seem fairly logical: a maximum altitude of 120m (400ft) is compulsory; you cannot fly closer than 2.5 km (8,200 ft) radius from an airport without ATZ or CTR. If ATZ exists, you can fly only below the corresponding defining height limits of that zone. Also, you can fly below the height amd within 75m (250ft) around any artificial or natural obstacle.

Only VLOS distance, not by night, and always with on-board lights on. Never fly over crowds of more than 12 people. I haven't found how much distance is VLOS, but in Spain VLOS in RPA rules is defined as 500m (1.640ft)

Thank you Javier, and I just received my light kit, so I'm looking forward to going.

Felix Navidad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94