Drone virgin from Illawarra, south coast of NSW Australia

Reaction score
Well, not exactly a virgin--I got my drone 5 years ago, and after a short love affair with it, circumstaances changed, and it got packed up for 4 years. Now it's out again, and I can't get the controller to link with the drone or the app. Have charged up, but the status light stays white, and the battery level wont charge up beyond the thrid light, which flashes. To turn it on, I need press only once briefly--the longer second press makes no differnece. Any advice?

Reactions: dirkclod
Well, not exactly a virgin--I got my drone 5 years ago, and after a short love affair with it, circumstaances changed, and it got packed up for 4 years. Now it's out again, and I can't get the controller to link with the drone or the app. Have charged up, but the status light stays white, and the battery level wont charge up beyond the thrid light, which flashes. To turn it on, I need press only once briefly--the longer second press makes no differnece. Any advice?

What drone do you have ?

I’d bet a P2V or P2V+
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Start with a functional battery. Yours sat too long.
What (Go 4 app) device are you using with the remote?
USB cable between them?

Was Phantom 4 out on the market at five years ago? I think not.
But anyway it's not the point. The point is that the battery after four years has very likely lost its functionality or with other words, its life went out. Buy a new one.
How are lights on the remote? Are all four lit after recharging?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Start with a functional battery. Yours sat too long.
What (Go 4 app) device are you using with the remote?
USB cable between them?
Can one buy a new RC battery, or do you have to replace the RC? Using Go 4 app on Samsung 10 phone.

Was Phantom 4 out at five years ago? I think not.
But anyway it's not the point. The point is that the battery after four years has very likely lost its functionality or with other words, its life went out. Buy a new one.
How are lights on the remote? Are all four lit after recharging?
Purchased 2016. On the RC, the status light is white and constant, the first two battery level lights are white and constant, and the third flashes. The fourth does not light. No change after leaving on charger for 12 hours.

Try to drain the RC batt down to one light then charge it to full. You can repeat that. Maybe this will wake up the battery. Otherwise thiis one is bad too.

If draining and recharging doesn't work, then it should be quite easy to replace the battery with a aftermarket one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks Iannes. I checked the you tube video on your posting, "Battery charge issue fix", and this seems to be the exact problem I face. Not sure a new battery would fix the problem, as it seems to lie in the circuitry. Watching the video, the "fix" seems to be in somehow heating the circuitry with a hot air blower. Don't know how that is supposed to work, but probably worth a try.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31