Drone Repair Recommendation

Reaction score
I know there have been several threads around Drone Repair and in particular a company by the name of DDS (DJI Drone Service) was recommended by several in the past from this forum. Below is my experience with DDS and an alternate option for those interested. About 2 months ago, I crashed my P4P - I noted two small buckle cracks one in each of the front arms in the top shell. I also lost the video feed to my tablet as a result in the crash. That said, the drone would still fly normally, the camera intact and I had full control of the gimble with the remote to raise and lower the camera but with no video feed, I would have to get it repaired, or salvaged. Based on several recommendations from this forum, I filed a repair ticked with DDS to get it assessed and they sent me a shipping label. Without going into the pain I experienced getting someone to even confirm they received the drone a week after it was delivered to them, nearly 2 weeks in, I got a phone call telling me that my P4P needed a new Camera and Gimble assembly, and a top shell - the cost would be just under $1k for the repair. I did question if they did a full assessment as my gimble seemed to still be functioning, they said absolutely they fully assessed with their technicians and those were the repairs needed. Having only paid $650 used for the drone and several batteries and controller, I opted to have them return the drone without doing the repairs - at that point my plan was to sell usable parts and get another used P4P off the web. I found one listed in Facebook Marketplace that looked in perfect condition and was reasonably priced. I asked if they would just sell me the drone and he said he could sell me just the drone without the remote or batteries if I wanted, or for $200 he'd repair my damaged one good as new. Having just received a quote for close to $1k to repair and not know if this guy was legit, I opted to buy his and he offered me additional money off as a trade in if I was willing to send him my broken drone (which worked out perfect for me). I got his drone, and it is perfect - flies better than what I had, as well as not a scratch or crack anywhere (drone looks brand new). I followed up to see if he received my broken one, and he said he got it the day before, and had already repaired it, and was on his way to drop off at UPS since he sold it earlier that day (that's all in just 2 days). He said the only repair that was needed was a top shell, and a ribbon cable (thus why no video feed). He fully repaired and shipped for a total cost of $200 that he would have charged me. He even passed most of his potential profit over to the new buyer saying he just enjoys repairing the drones. DDS must have never really assessed the damage as they claimed and just quoted me for a whole NEW camera and gimbal assembly (plug and play module) and top shell replacement - much more than was actually needed.

If anyone is interested in using this guy (see pic of his card below) - I do recommend and will use him without hesitation should I need another repair in the future. This is just my personal experience - others have had good experiences with DDS, so feel free to make your own judgment and assessment of who you wish to use should you have a future repair need.
243001012_4041286882641978_3225133682772553672_n.jpg

. DDS must have never really assessed the damage as they claimed and just quoted me for a whole NEW camera and gimbal assembly (plug and play module) and top shell replacement - much more than was actually needed.

Seems to be the norm for a lot of companies, its good you found someone that was honest enough with you, I have a guy like that in the UK.

Thanks for the info Heckmaniac! Good to know. Not that it makes much difference, I'm just curious if you are in the San Antonio area having found Dronearc on Facebook. Thanks again for passing along the info.

Thanks for the info Heckmaniac! Good to know. Not that it makes much difference, I'm just curious if you are in the San Antonio area having found Dronearc on Facebook. Thanks again for passing along the info.
I'm not in the San Antonio area, but rather was on Facebook Marketplace looking for a used P4P to buy. That's where I found this guy who owns DRONEARC.

I highly suggest and recommend Ryan. Although this is only my second post, I suffered a catastrophic crash on my "new to me" P3P. A gust of wind caught my P3P and slammed it into my house. There was some damage to the motors and shell. After discussing with Ryan what my best course of action would be, we decided on an exchange for 2 of his refurbished P3P's plus goodies. When he initially told me what the invoiced price would be per unit, I didn't hesitate to ask for 2 units. His customer service is beyond reproach and I wouldn't hesitate to use his services again in the future.

Reactions: Heckmaniac
I know there have been several threads around Drone Repair and in particular a company by the name of DDS (DJI Drone Service) was recommended by several in the past from this forum. Below is my experience with DDS and an alternate option for those interested. About 2 months ago, I crashed my P4P - I noted two small buckle cracks one in each of the front arms in the top shell. I also lost the video feed to my tablet as a result in the crash. That said, the drone would still fly normally, the camera intact and I had full control of the gimble with the remote to raise and lower the camera but with no video feed, I would have to get it repaired, or salvaged. Based on several recommendations from this forum, I filed a repair ticked with DDS to get it assessed and they sent me a shipping label. Without going into the pain I experienced getting someone to even confirm they received the drone a week after it was delivered to them, nearly 2 weeks in, I got a phone call telling me that my P4P needed a new Camera and Gimble assembly, and a top shell - the cost would be just under $1k for the repair. I did question if they did a full assessment as my gimble seemed to still be functioning, they said absolutely they fully assessed with their technicians and those were the repairs needed. Having only paid $650 used for the drone and several batteries and controller, I opted to have them return the drone without doing the repairs - at that point my plan was to sell usable parts and get another used P4P off the web. I found one listed in Facebook Marketplace that looked in perfect condition and was reasonably priced. I asked if they would just sell me the drone and he said he could sell me just the drone without the remote or batteries if I wanted, or for $200 he'd repair my damaged one good as new. Having just received a quote for close to $1k to repair and not know if this guy was legit, I opted to buy his and he offered me additional money off as a trade in if I was willing to send him my broken drone (which worked out perfect for me). I got his drone, and it is perfect - flies better than what I had, as well as not a scratch or crack anywhere (drone looks brand new). I followed up to see if he received my broken one, and he said he got it the day before, and had already repaired it, and was on his way to drop off at UPS since he sold it earlier that day (that's all in just 2 days). He said the only repair that was needed was a top shell, and a ribbon cable (thus why no video feed). He fully repaired and shipped for a total cost of $200 that he would have charged me. He even passed most of his potential profit over to the new buyer saying he just enjoys repairing the drones. DDS must have never really assessed the damage as they claimed and just quoted me for a whole NEW camera and gimbal assembly (plug and play module) and top shell replacement - much more than was actually needed.

If anyone is interested in using this guy (see pic of his card below) - I do recommend and will use him without hesitation should I need another repair in the future. This is just my personal experience - others have had good experiences with DDS, so feel free to make your own judgment and assessment of who you wish to use should you have a future repair need.
View attachment 122960
Wow some story. I would have been weary buying from marketplace. Glad it worked out for you bud.
Safe flying. So happens I'm in similar position but my drone was unretrieveable from high trees. Waiting on another used model to arrive.

Hey All I have been a member on here for awhile, been repairing Drones since 2015, was a TV and Camcorder Tech with large companies last 30 years. I have many used and new DJI parts that I use to repair Phantom 3 and 4. Plus all Mavic drones of course.
I also have repaired Inspire and other larger drones.
Have learned some great repair tips and tricks by doing and from youtube and forums. If anyone needs any repairs I give free, honest estimates.
one of my websites is www.orlandodronerepair.com , quick turn around, if local really quick (sometimes while you wait).
Feel free to call or text me at 321-663-3760 Eric

View attachment 122960
Good to know there are honest repair people out there. Still contemplating having my P4P looked at due to its RC/AC connecting problem. Working now, but very skittish about flying it like I used to.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31