Drone Regulations

The Florida law is ridiculous and the attorney's for both sides probably (will) be happy to litigate this..

The new law expands the current limits on drones by banning any person, state agency, or political subdivision from using unmanned aircraft equipped with imaging devices “to record an image of privately owned or occupied real property or of the owner, tenant, or occupant of such property with the intent to conduct surveillance on the individual or property captured in the image in violation of such person’s reasonable expectation of privacy without his or her written consent.”

So now my neighbor can sue me if I take a photo/video if I fly over my home and happen to capture his/her property....... I see the attorney's loving this....

Let me also note that I am not overly concerned about this, but these types of laws are over reaching... We already have privacy laws in place.

Did you have "intent to conduct surveillance on the individual or property captured in the image"?! If not, it's incidental, not intentional. I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBG
The Florida law is ridiculous and the attorney's for both sides probably (will) be happy to litigate this..

The new law expands the current limits on drones by banning any person, state agency, or political subdivision from using unmanned aircraft equipped with imaging devices “to record an image of privately owned or occupied real property or of the owner, tenant, or occupant of such property with the intent to conduct surveillance on the individual or property captured in the image in violation of such person’s reasonable expectation of privacy without his or her written consent.”

So now my neighbor can sue me if I take a photo/video if I fly over my home and happen to capture his/her property....... I see the attorney's loving this....
Did this person have an expectation of privacy? If not, then the law does not apply. Even without this law it was illegal to film someone without their content if they had a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Reactions: JBG
It's crap. Might as well make a law on cameras and video cameras cause you can just walk up to someone's window or walk in their backyard and take a picture. We're 100s of ft in the air, you can't get zoomed in pictures that high in the sky to spy on people's privacy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers