Drone Registration Down 50%

The country is so messed up nowadays you can get a big group of friends together and set fire to a good part of a major city and you won't be hassled about it. If you commit a crime like robbery or car jacking, you might get stopped but not arrested. If you do manage to do something that warrants an arrest, like murder, there's no bail requirement and you're back out the door so fast you might get dizzy from the quick spin.

So, somebody tell me why anyone should fear what would happen if they failed to register their drone?
Right?!!

Reactions: RKBA
Unfortunately the Mini 2 will not qualify for OOP as it would need prop guards bringing weight up to 296 grams. The RID module would also increase the weight. And if you decide to fly at night, the strobe requirement would also add to hour total weight. So in order not to register your Mini you would be limited to hobbyist and during daylight only.

IMG_1618418382.784301.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

Reactions: MTO
Don’t know how they are going to ignore this if caught.

View attachment 121644

An important thing to remember is, not everyone needs 107. I personally am totally a recreational flyer, and am not particularly fond of many of the rules and regulations that are being forced on me just to enjoy my drones. Safely and legally. And not only that but……..
I think that’s all I say.

Reactions: Starz and RKBA
An important thing to remember is, not everyone needs 107. I personally am totally a recreational flyer, and am not particularly fond of many of the rules and regulations that are being forced on me just to enjoy my drones. Safely and legally. And not only that but……..
I think that’s all I say.

This hobby does impose rules and regs not to mention fines that other hobbies don’t. The main reason is because we operate in the NAS and could potentially bring down an aircraft killing all on board and others on the ground.
The majority if not all of the rules and regs in aviation were written in blood and so there is a higher level of professionalism with our hobby.
With all the risks and consequences with our hobby you have to ask yourself “Is this really for me?”

This hobby does impose rules and regs not to mention fines that other hobbies don’t. The main reason is because we operate in the NAS and could potentially bring down an aircraft killing all on board and others on the ground.
The majority if not all of the rules and regs in aviation were written in blood and so there is a higher level of professionalism with our hobby.
With all the risks and consequences with our hobby you have to ask yourself “Is this really for me?”
Rules, laws, and regs apply only to those who will adhere to them. The ones flying dangerously, irresponsibly, or recklessly already know they're violating them. Adding more rules and restrictions won't stop them.

Rules, laws, and regs apply only to those who will adhere to them. The ones flying dangerously, irresponsibly, or recklessly already know they're violating them. Adding more rules and restrictions won't stop them.

Agreed, some of these new rules and regs are are for trying to identify, locate and apprehend these bad actors and even stop them from getting airborne.
I don’t believe the FAA is out to micro manage and fine the drone pilots. There are plenty of pilots of MA that don’t follow all the rules and the regs and don’t get bothered by the FAA unless they are involved in an incident or accident.

Agreed, some of these new rules and regs are are for trying to identify, locate and apprehend these bad actors and even stop them from getting airborne.
I don’t believe the FAA is out to micro manage and fine the drone pilots. There are plenty of pilots of MA that don’t follow all the rules and the regs and don’t get bothered by the FAA unless they are involved in an incident or accident.
The problem is that, when the government goes overboard, it forces normally law abiding individuals to ignore it, encouraging the bad actors.

Reactions: RKBA and Starz
I wonder how much of this is due to the coming R.I.D. laws. People starting to go stealth.
R.I.D is at least 3 years out.... I wonder if sales overall is also down... or as someone else mentioned maybe many are going sub 250 gram machines?....

Good luck getting people to pay those ridiculous fines.
Back some thirty years ago, I was following the pirate radio movement and the FCC imposed $20K fines on unlicensed FM low power broadcasters to protect the cartels of licensed corporate stations and nobody paid up. Most pirate broadcasters were financial destitutes running politically oriented broadcasts.
So I don't think anyone flying a plastic toy is going to pay a fine.

Reactions: RKBA
“Fines”
Silly word in my opinion. Last case that happened here was a guy flying his toy in a restricted fire zone. They actually caught the guy. No fine was issued.
I guess everything was”fine”.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik