Drone music cost questionnaire

How much have you paid for royal free music for a drone video?

• I have never paid a fee

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • $1-$19

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • $20-$25

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • £26-$30

• $31-$49

• $50+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
We've paid between $20 and $39 (excluding taxes) for a single-use royal free music track on five different occasions.

What about you? Have you? Haven't you? If so, how much? (You can give multiple answers.)

We've found that searching for that special track is like looking for a needle in a haystack. In our opinion, the vast majority of background music tracks are mediocre - albeit with a few gems.

If you compose/record your own music for drone films (and/or more generally), I would appreciate your advice on DAWs as requested on another thread: Composing and recording music

You would think that paying a modest fee for music - as different from not paying a fee - would make the selection an easier task. Whereas there is a clear difference in the quality of the music tracks, the fee music still is somewhat bland (with some exceptions).

A colleague has just alerted me to a website I've not previously heard of nor seen recommended on this forum: www.triplescoopmusic.com

The quality of music tracks are noticeably higher than what is offered on many sites, which is the good news. The bad news is that the price tag is US$60, which might put many people off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl