Drone mods uav locator died...but came back to life.

Reaction score
I have had my Dronemods uav locator for one year and two days. Just renewed my plan a few weeks ago.Yesterday I turn it on and have it in my van. All seems normal. Some hours later I noticed it was off. I could never get it to come back on. I put in on charger and it does the normal thing. If off putting it on charger turns unit on plus charging. I didn't want to take it apart thinking that so close to the one year warranty they may do something for me. I emailed Bob at dronemods about an hour ago but no answer yet. I;m thinking maybe the battery took a dump. Anyway I'm thinking there must be a reset button somewhere. THERE IS. It is under the sim card cover. A tiny hole. I used a round tooth pick and poked and when I felt the click I was happy. I called it and when I received the text, it shows my battery at 100%. This has never happened before. I will say this. It was under my windshield in the sun. I wonder if that had any affect although it's been there many times before.

Reactions: dirkclod
I bet it did Monte as I've had stuff to get hot like that before to quit and then come back ! Is good you check it to see that it's still on and do mine often by taking it for rides with me and calling it . I would keep my eye on that sucker though as ya know how stuff does crap out on ya after the warranty goes !!
Is good to know now where that reset button is as you the first person I've seen post it !!
Good find bro !

I wonder what I reset. Maybe it's a thermal thing. Its hard to find any real info on these trackers. It's in my van most every day as I run service. It has always worked but a month or so after getting it the sos button and emails no longer work. It used to send an email when I turned it on or powered off. Bob at Drone mods said the system is sending the notifications and it must be a problem on my side. I can't imagine my phone, tablet and computers all went crazy at the same time.Does yours still send emails and sos alert?

I wonder what I reset. Maybe it's a thermal thing. Its hard to find any real info on these trackers. It's in my van most every day as I run service. It has always worked but a month or so after getting it the sos button and emails no longer work. It used to send an email when I turned it on or powered off. Bob at Drone mods said the system is sending the notifications and it must be a problem on my side. I can't imagine my phone, tablet and computers all went crazy at the same time.Does yours still send emails and sos alert?
Don't have it no more but when I did I never got nothing from it unless I called it .

Why did you get a different one. Lose the first or did it stop working? There are so many trackers with so many claims. I liked the fact that the dronemods worked out of the box and I didn't have to hunt down sim cards and deal with phone carriers. Not exactly cheap though. I'd probably buy another if mine was lost or quit.

Why did you get a different one. Lose the first or did it stop working? There are so many trackers with so many claims. I liked the fact that the dronemods worked out of the box and I didn't have to hunt down sim cards and deal with phone carriers. Not exactly cheap though. I'd probably buy another if mine was lost or quit.
Don't know if it is where I'm at or what but never could get it show it's location close . Would almost always be about 100' off and where I fly that might as well be a mile . The guy there was nice and took it back and refunded my money but it just didn't work out for me here .
Other than that it always answered me and like ya said it was good right out of the box .
This one hit's dead on here but ya do have to have a card and is a pain to get started the first time but just never tried anything else .
Not knocking those it just didn't work for me well here .

Would be some crap to lose your tracker :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31