drone meets cruise ship Golden Princess

Reaction score
Over a San Francisco dry dock.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: IflyinWY and Meta4
Another cool video by Clipper. Thanks dude.

Question, what's with the tankers anchored in the bay? My experience has always been some kind of issue with fuel prices when they sit parked out there.

That is our " Explosive Anchorage" area of the bay... The tankers out there are holding to get in to one of the refineries and offload or load up. Those tankers are usually not affected by the horribly overpaid primadannas at the ports that handle cargo containers and ***** and moan about their benefits....

Thank you gecarey. It seems to me the only time there have been a number of them is when there was some oil crisis in the works. That was some decades ago and obviously, things have changed.

:)

The problem here in the bay now, is there is plenty of supply at anchor, just not enough refineries. And if one has a incident, or someone farts up-wind, the whole thing goes to hell. When a refinery shuts down for any reason, the price of fuel goes crazy. Lately everything has been running well out here so fuel is the only thing here that is not off the charts price wise.

Reactions: IflyinWY
The problem here in the bay now, is there is plenty of supply at anchor, just not enough refineries. And if one has a incident, or someone farts up-wind, the whole thing goes to hell. When a refinery shuts down for any reason, the price of fuel goes crazy. Lately everything has been running well out here so fuel is the only thing here that is not off the charts price wise.

Well, thanks for that. It all makes sense. I hope no one turns the wrong valve, which usually costs the consumers many millions.

I really wasn't trying to go "Off Topic" here, it's a great video.

I was spotting for him when he shot it yesterday.
I was hoping to fly with Clipper around Christmas, but the holidays get crazy, and it didn't work out. Maybe next time I'm in the Bay. Thanks again

How close are you to Boulder, CO?

About 400 miles

That's probably outside the performance envelope of a P2 with a 5200 mah LiPo.

Yep, easier to meet up in the Bay Area. I'll be back sooner or later.

Hey Clipper,
You have probably answered this already but, how do you transport your bird?
I'll be hitting the airways pretty soon, bouncing around to a few different spots.

Ah Ha.. I knew it, a California transplant.....

I got abuncha family there. LOL, you're cracking me up.

I've got a pickup truck parked out there for when I come visit.

It'sa joke.

Native speaker, I is. And done been to colledge two.

Rawlins, hell no. I don't think I could live there. Too much wind & cold. Way to many shackles and handcuffs in that town for me.

I used to think your Avatar was cool, till it was encircled.
Maybe this will help:
http://avatarmaker.net/

Yea, it looks like the new software on the board cropped it.... Our little protest of DJI and the Awesome customer service......
Wind and cold.... thats the whole friggen state.... Transplant for sure...:)

Are you parked in a Missle silo around Cheyene

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic