Drone Insurance

Now.......as long as the fingers don't shake on the two sticks.......you will be Just Fine ....enjoy and has some safe flights !

Reactions: kromar
Nice! I've insured all my drone and DSLR equipment through State Farm for a few years now, haven't had to use it yet for the drones... knock on wood.

Reactions: kromar
Got my drone insurance from State Farm yesterday. Hopefully my knees will shake a little less when I fly [emoji23]

Oh yeah, State Farm is the HEAT for drone insurance. Just renewed my second year. I don't even worry about a tracker now, and no subscription to pay either. Congrats, Kromar, and yes, it will be a calmer, gentler flight experience now...

I also have State Farm on my drones and DSLR equipment. So far, I've replaced the Phantom 4 Pro once, zero hassle, just sent the invoice from @Thunderdrones to my agent and he mailed me a check.

Reactions: Robert P and kromar
Are you guys talking about Personal Property or Liability insurance? I'd love to compare their Liability price if they offer, best I've found is from Chris Travers and it's still crazy high (for $5million coverage)

Thanks to this Forum, I just received my Drone Insurance from State Farm here in Parrish Florida. Stated value of $700 for my Standard with property damage and liability as well. Great deal. AND NO deductible. thanks to the forum for putting me on to this great option.

I checked with State Farm and they told me it is only for Hull insurance (the drone itself no liability) and it doesn't cover commercial use of the drone. It's a great deal if you just want to cover the drone for hobby use.

Thanks to this Forum, I just received my Drone Insurance from State Farm here in Parrish Florida. Stated value of $700 for my Standard with property damage and liability as well. Great deal. AND NO deductible. thanks to the forum for putting me on to this great option.
Great deal? Just to be sure, your stated value is $700? So let's say the drone crashes into your neighbors car. Drone $700, auto repair $2,000. State Farm sends you check for $700. Your out of pocket is $2000.

Obviously $700 won't cover much property and/or liability.

Are you guys talking about Personal Property or Liability insurance? I'd love to compare their Liability price if they offer, best I've found is from Chris Travers and it's still crazy high (for $5million coverage)
From what Mrs. LarBear tells me (she works for an insurance company, but not State Farm) it's a personal property policy that covers cameras. No liability insurance. For that you can join AMA and obtain the following:

• $2,500,000 Comprehensive General Liability Protection for model activities for members, clubs, site owners, and sponsors
  • $25,000 Accident/Medical Coverage for members
  • $10,000 Maximum Accidental Death Coverage for members
  • $1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism Coverage for members

Yes I should have said in my earlier post thst its Hobby use only. Like everything else in life if you can make money with sonethibg the insurance companies want their cut. Fir hobby use its great !!! Also there is liability for property damage etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94