Drone insurance in California

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find drone insurance in California?
I keep reading all these threads about State Farm insuring the drones for a little under $70 a year.
Covers everything even if it is lost.
Not available in California. Looking for insurance for my new bird.
RC

Almost 60 views and not one reply.
So I'll ask another question.....
Are there alternatives??????

Joining the AMA's the safest bet because I haven't been able to find any from a reputable insurance agency, either, available in California.

For hobby use AMA is probably the best bet. For Part 107 flights I have been using Verifly. I am also looking for alternatives for continuous coverage here in California.

Trying to ask this again,
Anyone been able to get their Drone insured through their homeowners insurance in California?
Usually this is a personal property rider on a policy.
State Farm is doing this in several states for $60 dollars a year.
Anyone?

Bumping this as I for one cannot find a reputable insurance company that will insure my P4P. Any luck to the others out there?

State Farm should insure it with a separate, zero deductible poloicy, for 60 a year. I had to explain to an agent that they do in fact offer the insurance. They literally laugh at me when I asked for a policy, but after a few phone calls, I got a quote:). I never followed through because I ended up going commercial with Skyvues.

Had called both State Farm and Mercury insurance and both told me they don't offer a policy for drones. If I include it to my homeowners insurance, theft is only covered and not the damage to the drone.

Had called both State Farm and Mercury insurance and both told me they don't offer a policy for drones. If I include it to my homeowners insurance, theft is only covered and not the damage to the drone.

It falls under a generic "Personal Articles Policy" with State Farm here in MN. Maybe they just aren't aware it could be covered, might be worth mentioning if you haven't already.The agent I talked knew what I needed right away - really helpful guy overall. I can imagine the availability varying by state, though. Good luck with your search!

Reactions: Daskid
I got State Farm personal articles insurance this week. At first I was told no drone insurance. I told them State Farm does under personal articles. They called corporate 3 times before speaking with a supervisor. $60 minimum, so I got $1k for uav and $2k for my wife's wedding ring , total premium $60/year , no deductible.

I got State Farm personal articles insurance this week. At first I was told no drone insurance. I told them State Farm does under personal articles. They called corporate 3 times before speaking with a supervisor. $60 minimum, so I got $1k for uav and $2k for my wife's wedding ring , total premium $60/year , no deductible.
Is this in California?

Sorry, not in California. My point is your agency will probably have to not accept the "no's" they get until they reach the right person.

Maybe I'll revive this thread but I just got a drone and I'm looking for drone insurance in California. I have Ameriprise through Costco and was told that they don't offer a personal article policy but it would be covered with my home insurance's Personal Property which in my case has a $1,000 deductible. Kinda defeats the entire purpose of insuring the drone when the deductible costs just as much.

Maybe I'll revive this thread but I just got a drone and I'm looking for drone insurance in California. I have Ameriprise through Costco and was told that they don't offer a personal article policy but it would be covered with my home insurance's Personal Property which in my case has a $1,000 deductible. Kinda defeats the entire purpose of insuring the drone when the deductible costs just as much.
That is what my insurance provider for my homeowners insurance policy stated as well. It will be on a crazy deductible, which is about $1000, and only theft is covered. Damage to the drone isn't covered unless the damage was inflicted from a different occurence like a burning house or a water leak in the bathroom that damaged the drone. I'll try to call different insurance companies on Monday and see if I can find any coverage at all.

So I'm guessing that the AMA is the only alternative for us CA folks? My homeowners covers it but at my $1k deductible which is pointless. At least I have liability coverage though. I just need replacement coverage.

I never even thought about joining the AMA. Aside from the insurance coverage, are there any ohter benefits?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl