Drone in Trouble

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
Last week high gusts in Reykjanes, Iceland, kicked the gimbal around on my DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: brigerdrones
Does anyone know when yellow lights are flashing in the back of my drone and the front lights are red-aka Which means that the drone is not connected to the RC I try to connect it by using the app and doing it manually. Nothing worked... I also try to update it to the DJI App but there’s nothing there for me to update. CAN SOME ONE PLZ HELP. I also bought it used and I think it was in a crash because the camera is not there

This has nothing to do with compass calibration. As I said above as well as in my blog post linked this is the drone operating in very high wind gusts.

Does anyone know when yellow lights are flashing in the back of my drone and the front lights are red-aka Which means that the drone is not connected to the RC I try to connect it by using the app and doing it manually. Nothing worked... I also try to update it to the DJI App but there’s nothing there for me to update. CAN SOME ONE PLZ HELP. I also bought it used and I think it was in a crash because the camera is not there

Your response has no relevance to my post. Please post in the appropriate forum.

Reactions: JeffreyS
I'm unsure what causes this but have had it myself,,landed and done calibration and it's never done it since,was a while ago,,,sometimes it just happens,,this one was scary cause out over water and gave a crashing view on device ,,this is p4s,,some drones had a run with this gimble tilt issue,,,I dont think any fixs were found,,its like gimble packs a sad in high winds,,,beautiful location you got there,,,,,this screenshot of mine can be watched by searching p4 gimble tilt in search icon ,post I posted a while back,shows a clip of my tilt in flight while flying,,and merry xmas out there..........................?..........to be honest depending on wind direction and drone direction it's very possible for it to do this,,I've even had cam go limp doin a height test at 1640ft when I was new to droning,,cam again floating given impression on screen of drone spinning out of control coming down,,again scary moment but with different p4s ,,I know your pretty serious in your issue but just showing ya it happens I think to lot of us,it was very popular in the past but to see it again is bit unusual,,,,dont know what to advise to help fix it but had to comment on it,,I can handle be told if my post dont help you but unless it happens every flight I think it probably ok since it was strong windView attachment 121060View attachment 121058

Couple things to note : The Phantom does have a Threshold where the Gimbal will Flip up on you.

To solve this in extremely high winds / 45 50 mph winds you can insert a small foam block in between the gimbal and the camera and this will work but keep the camera in whatever position you place it in with the Foam block but will allow you to record the footage without the gimbal flipping up on you.

Note: This happens alot with the smaller Drones but the Phantom has the most resistance as shown in the video below.

30 ,mph winds

Phahntomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain and Float on Water.

Ok maybe you should start a new thread in right area,,post what drone you have with any info,,we cant reads minds here yet,understand you need help but shouldn't just post in threads that not related,,there's different forums for different issues ...........EDIT....ok here's awnser to your question....YOU CAN NOT RELINK DRONE WITH THAT CAM MISSING,,ITS PART OF THE LINKING PROCESS,,,,Maybe the mods can sort this into a thread for him
( Mod Removed Language)and thank u my bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough info @RPP ,did it come ok,still unsure on a fix cause it just happens when it feel like,,dont be shy to reply,you got some trying to help you here or is this a other case of post and see what reply you get,,why post on this issue if you dont reply,,are our opinions worthless or something, takes time to reply and one way conversations dont work to well ,we all is this boat together regardless of colour or religion or craziness, old,young,all here as one ,,you been here a while,you know how public posting works,good bad,irrelevant, heck I'm good for all 3 of those choices lol,stay safe out there,see I dont know you but I care

I don’t need your help, ianzone, on any aspect of drones or flying drones. You have a habit of contaminating threads without adding anything useful to them.

I posted the video here as it is a display forum, and there’s a blog post for the small backstory. That’s it.

Last edited:
Last week high gusts in Reykjanes, Iceland, kicked the gimbal around on my DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.

Well the maximum wind tolerance rating for the P4P from DJI is 22 mph. So I would suggest flying in better conditions... LOL. I have flown in 35 mph winds though and never had that sort of problem though. It was also 15° F so maybe my gimbal was a little stiff and frozen... ha, ha

I don’t need your help, ianzone, on any aspect of drones or flying drones. You have a habit of contaminating threads without adding anything useful to them.

I posted the video here as it is a display forum, and there’s a blog post for the small backstory. That’s it.
We reap knowledge from information. Ianzone likes to investigate things and shares this knowledge with many people that he has helped. That is a fact. So, I respectfully disagree with your comments to Ianzone. I do appreciate your posts and posting your video. You also add much to this forum.

Hi Rajan,

Jeffrey here, from Fredmiranda! Nice to see you here. Yes, that's happened too me and I was so glad that it RTH OK. Can you believe that PWS suggests flying in 50 mph winds. Crazy! I look forward to your drone images here.

Reactions: RPP
Hi Rajan,

Jeffrey here, from Fredmiranda! Nice to see you here. Yes, that's happened too me and I was so glad that it RTH OK. Can you believe that PWS suggests flying in 50 mph winds. Crazy! I look forward to your drone images here.

Thank you, Jeffrey. Good to see you here.

I am usually a risk-averse flyer. But the light was so good that this time I made an exception and went for it.

Reactions: JeffreyS

Wow very scary for you, I wonder if too much of that would ruin the gimbal??

Reactions: RPP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.