Drone in my yard

This hasn’t happened to me before. But, what do I do if I see a drone flying low over my house? I don’t want to shoot it.
Just remember could be someone having fun flying past,,,if it stop in your yard shoot it,and hope it wasent a mate saying hello,,,if not want to shoot,in car and follow it just to see who on other end then ask questions...any drone welcome at my house,,nothing to see here and also there are more intrusive apps than a drone overhead----------must add-------I'm sure it still illegal to shoot down drones so do be careful,,the law could come knocking so have jug on for coffee

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on where you live shooting it may land you in jail. If it doesn't appear to pose a danger to an individual or your property I'd say leave it alone.

If a drone shows up over my house and yard, I will watch it very closely. I just want to see how good the pilot really is, negotiating all the Phantom-Magnet trees I have on my property. These trees will jump out in front of a drone very quickly.

I know that too well...........[emoji30] Darn tree. Hahaha......

Why is your first thought to pull out a weapon? What is it likely to see? Did it hover or just fly by?
I use to go get ginseng a lot. A couple of times I'd come across a patch of marijuana. I'd leave it alone. Ginseng was worth about a much anyway and it was legal. Lol it also kept me in good with the locals. Same with stills.
I think about that a lot when I'm flying. Some locals have a very good reason for not wanting you to be over their land.

I use to go get ginseng a lot. A couple of times I'd come across a patch of marijuana. I'd leave it alone. Ginseng was worth about a much anyway and it was legal. Lol it also kept me in good with the locals. Same with stills.
I think about that a lot when I'm flying. Some locals have a very good reason for not wanting you to be over their land.
Bit off topic but ginseng root was a awsome tv programmer here recent,,scary stuff but made good tv...me has found wacky weed with me drone and yes left it alone and disappeared very quick,,going down those roads asking to lose your hands

Bit off topic but ginseng root was a awsome tv programmer here recent,,scary stuff but made good tv...me has found wacky weed with me drone and yes left it alone and disappeared very quick,,going down those roads asking to lose your hands
A lot of that was just for TV drama. The buyer on that show was Kaufman's metals. I go by there all the time. His billboards are along the road. "You dig it, we buy it."
The best I've done was 6 lbs, of fresh sang in one hour.

This hasn’t happened to me before. But, what do I do if I see a drone flying low over my house? I don’t want to shoot it.

What if a car or truck pulled up in front of your house and stopped. Would you think of shooting that? Your statement was moronic and you're just too paranoid.

If you don't live in a very rural area where your closest neighbor has to have sunlight piped in, don't shoot at a drone. Too many opportunities to kill some innocent people. Call the authorities. Cell phones take great video nowadays. Document the incident(s). Try to locate the owner. Just don't shoot at it.
Calling someone a paranoid moron ain't too smart either.

Reactions: quadrotor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan