Drone flying in Northern Illinois.

Anyone know where I can fly my Phantom 4 in Lindenhurst /Lake Villa/ Gurnee, Northern IL area?

Have you checked with your local park districts? Last year when I asked, I asked for a specific park that I knew wasn't getting heavy use. There was no formal policy then and they said as long as I follow FAA rules I could fly at the specified park and I was sent a letter that I could keep with me in case the local police questioned what I was doing there.

This year when I asked they had a formal policy a permit application and it was good for 8 parks, once again as I followed FAA rules and there wasn't a group using the park. So since it was on their radar from the previous year I guess in their winter session they must have discussed it and adopted the policy that is in place today. As for their permitting form I gave them a couple of suggestions that hopefully they will adopt for next year. Plus being on their good side I got my permit letter this year even before I got their paper work back to them.

So if you know of some suitable large areas that you would like to fly in and they are under park district control I would go in asking for that specific one and let them either say know, yes put they have no formal policy this year, or best case they come back with a list of places that you can use.

I believe that the Lake County RC club welcomes multi-rotors. It is located just east of 94 near the IL-WIS border. I know a guy from Kenosha that flies there and he says that there usually aren't many people there. Their website is lake county rc club "dot" org

Reactions: Hodge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20