Drone Fishing

Reaction score
I wish I could take credit and say this was me, but I will tell you it will be me doing it next. That's for sure!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Interesting. How do you avoid load coming onto P3? Or you are using P3 just to drop the hook to deep waters?

Interesting. How do you avoid load coming onto P3? Or you are using P3 just to drop the hook to deep waters?
The line is taken out with drone, when the squid hits the water tension releases it from rubber grommet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any details of rig setup and rubber grommet. ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've actually done this years ago with my P1. Friend and I did it over a lake. What we used was an old break-away cat collar. We sanded down the clasp so it released pretty easily (less than a pound). Of course, being the "fishermen" we are, nothing ever bit so I ended up just flying it back. But it would have worked if we didn't suck at fishing. Or maybe if we had FPV and could actually see. Or some combination of both. ;)

Mike

Reactions: John N Kronyak
Any details of rig setup and rubber grommet. ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
We used something on the order of a wood clothes pin on our outriggers which might be to heavy for our birds but you get the idea .

Fish (at least fresh water) are ever wary of birds overhead.

Saw this earlier today, looks pretty sweet. My buddy wants me to go out on the ocean with him and use mine to spot cobia summer, which could make finding them a lot easier.

I would and not trying to start anything check with the local Game warden to be real sure it's legal to do so in your area .
I'm pretty sure it's is but wouldn't hurt to ask .Here in MS if there are 2 folks and one just helping him both have to have license .
Just saying :)

I would and not trying to start anything check with the local Game warden to be real sure it's legal to do so in your area .
I'm pretty sure it's is but wouldn't hurt to ask .Here in MS if there are 2 folks and one just helping him both have to have license .
Just saying :)

I definitely will. I have a fishing license but they still might have rules against using drones.

Besides the Drone being in the air what's the difference with a fish finder
Well in my mind nothing as it's just spotting .Using it to fish is another .
Like I said I wasn't trying to start anything but was just saying .
In MS on State Lakes and State Parks it's rod and reel only .On the coast I'm not sure .

hes not dropping the bait ,he's using it like an outrigger clip.You can see the tuna take the bait and release the the line from the drone line.
It actually looks like he has a loose line between the landing gear.a long line off of that(15-20-30' ??),and the bait line hooked to the long line with a rubberband.(I'll be giving it a try)
Thats great if your on the school as he was,but where there's fish there's birds and the birds would also be going for the bait while inflight.
As far as fish being spooked of by birds,,,that might be the case with freshwater but certainly not salt water.
I do know the P3P attracts seagulls, (I'm assuming they think its another seagull and come to investigate if theres any food around?.)

I wish I could take credit and say this was me, but I will tell you it will be me doing it next. That's for sure!

:eek::confused:THIS!!! :cool::D

WOWZERS!!! From the freaking SHORE!!! I don't think this has ever been done before and if it has, never been documented!!!

Daaaaammmn.jpg

Reactions: Jussaguy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.