Drone Down! Drone Found!

Reaction score
My friend had his P3P go crazy on him while flying yesterday and it ended up in the woods. I met up with him today to go and try to find it. He had a screen shot from the Pilot App showing the position of the drone in the trees. Using Google Maps on my phone we were able to walk right to it. About a 10 minute hike into the woods and there it was laying upside down on the ground. Everything seems okay with it. Battery still had a bit of charge. Thankfully we didn't get any rain last night.
IMG_0824.JPG
It had ended up just north of the river and just west of the small business park.
https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3553997,-97.8063605,1293m/data=!3m1!1e3

You say it went crazy. I assume that means control was lost. Any idea what caused it?

It's not mine and I wasn't there when he was flying. I told him how to get a video of the flight control playback to send to DJI. He didn't have his iPad with him so I didn't get to see it. He wa able to do an RTH initially and it started coming back. He cancelled the RTH when it got closer to him and when he tried to fly it it went crazy again and crashed into woods. Not sure exactly what it was doing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.