• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Thought this was very interesting ,,seems dji drones still the popular choice
Screenshot_20181228-082459.jpg
Screenshot_20181228-082434.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The front end of the system is RF receivers that monitor for the signature RF patterns of drones. The software they speak of is the logging and database of sightings. Even encrypted comms would have a pattern to it that could be identified given the messaging requirements and particularly the video feed.

Brian

The front end of the system is RF receivers that monitor for the signature RF patterns of drones. The software they speak of is the logging and database of sightings. Even encrypted comms would have a pattern to it that could be identified given the messaging requirements and particularly the video feed.

Brian

Cool. Got any idea on how the base antenna determines distance and direction of the drone it identifies? Or is it just a random ‘ping’ in the RF receiver ?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I would be very interested to know at what distance were all these drones? There are usually 2-3 drone detection companies that have booths right across from DJI's booth at the CES show.... and right next to the FAA booth...

I would be very interested to know at what distance were all these drones? There are usually 2-3 drone detection companies that have booths right across from DJI's booth at the CES show.... and right next to the FAA booth...

Distance from what?

Brian

While I haven’t tried it- many have reported that all the current DJI protocols can be intercepted by garden variety network cards and freely available software tools. This includes AC serial number and operator position as well as telemetry. Given DJI seems to be leading the game in control link and video performance it would seem likely other manufacturers protocols would also be vulnerable. It is interesting to note that US Congress has an interest in this capability......

SEC. 2202. IDENTIFICATION STANDARDS.
(a) IN GENERAL.—The Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration, in consultation with the Secretary of Transpor- tation, the President of RTCA, Inc., and the Director of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, shall convene industry stakeholders to facilitate the development of consensus standards for remotely identifying operators and owners of unmanned aircraft systems and associated unmanned aircraft.
(b) CONSIDERATIONS.—As part of any standards developed under subsection (a), the Administrator shall ensure the consider- ation of—
(1) requirements for remote identification of unmanned aircraft systems;
(2) appropriate requirements for different classifications of unmanned aircraft systems operations, including public and civil; and
(3) the feasibility of the development and operation of a publicly accessible online database of unmanned aircraft and the operators thereof, and any criteria for exclusion from the database.

Not hard to see how DJi’s Aeroscope came about....

It is also interesting to note that DeDrone uses more than RF analysis, audio and video are also used.

What damage would a drone really do ?

Send a few planes up, let them chew up a few drones, see how many carry on trying to be a pain then.

What damage would a drone really do ?

Send a few planes up, let them chew up a few drones, see how many carry on trying to be a pain then.
What damage would be acceptable in your mind?

No doubt your just trying to stir things up here assuming you haven’t been in hibernations somewhere.

Taking a drone in the windshield could be fatal, prop on my plane a little over $4000. Bodywork on leading edge of empennage or wing could easily cause loss of control leading to serious injuries in plane and on the ground. There are too many problems to list.
How about flying our drones where it’s permitted?
If they could make lawn darts illegal, guess what they can do to our drones.

Reactions: Gary E
Taking a drone in the windshield could be fatal, prop on my plane a little over $4000. Bodywork on leading edge of empennage or wing could easily cause loss of control leading to serious injuries in plane and on the ground. There are too many problems to list.

I was unaware that they had made those illegal. I suppose I shouldn't have given all the grand kids those for Christmas. Hmmm

Wow didnt know planes were so flimsy, a poxy bit of toy could really bring one down ?
Sorry but I call BS, drones fall apart when dropped from a few feet and you truly think it would bring one down lol

Would like to know if they are detecting RF data from the drone or the Transmitter ??? Quite a different scenario. RF data can bounce and
not be where it is detected.

Jerry

How do they define "At airports" ?
How far away from the controll tower (they talk about long-range detection) ?
How high did they fly ?
How many of these had permission ?

My opinion: Just some numbers NOT telling the whole story.

Reactions: The Springs
I have done a takeoff test with my Phantom 4 and it will not take off within two miles of one of our airports. These drones entering into restricted air space must be drones other than DJI models. I too would like to know the distance from where all these drones were spotted. FYI I very seldom see drones in my area.

The only thing I see is lot of companies trying to sell their uber expensive anti drone equipments to willingful goverments, which will lauch some FUD campains to justify buying said uber expensive equipments, apart from opening some departamental offices and jobs for said antidrone activities. This is the world we live in.

Wow didnt know planes were so flimsy, a poxy bit of toy could really bring one down ?
Sorry but I call BS, drones fall apart when dropped from a few feet and you truly think it would bring one down lol

If you think a Phantom 4 is not going to cause serious damage to a plane or helicopter, please give me an idea of what might be a danger? I'm not asking about missiles or an impact with the ground, what I want from you is the smallest thing that you think would be a danger to a plane or helicopter in flight.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr