Drone cops are coming!

I'm gonna chime in on this one. What you see as a negative I see as a positive. They're establish parameters for the public sector while ensuring individual rights. No surveillance. Documentation of crime scenes, disasters, and crashes. No flying on private property without a warrant. All of this seems to be protecting rights while allowing for the use of emerging technology.

The FAA is working on addressing the civilian rules we just have to be patient. The technology isn't new, it's just passed the point of general hobby into quality which can be used for profit.

They're establish parameters for the public sector while ensuring individual rights.

What parallel universe is this on were governments and police enforcers ever ensure any ones individual rights?????

I think there are enough videos on the internet recently of drone pilots flying over international airports, or other controlled areas to spoil this hobby for all of us, and give governments enough reason to convince each other that we need more regulations. I think any application of drones for good can only be positive in the long run. I hope the day does not come when we all need a license just to buy a drone for hobby use.

All of the emergency sevices here in Australia have been adopting the use of multicopters for over a year now.
Police have been using them in seige situations to survey the scene to see where they can safely place people to cover entry/exit points without them being put in danger.
Accident investigators use them to photograph and video record the scene from above.Where they used to put cameras on long poles,now they fly a quad.
Firefighters are using them for training and to monitor hazard reduction burns and bush fires.A recent news story about a house fire showed them using an Inspire 1 to examine the interior of the house after the fire rather than sending people into the house where there was danger of colapsing structure.

The only big brother type uses of them I've heard of is some local councils have suggested they might use them to fly over peoples properties to see if anyone has been building without permits and such.

Reactions: IflyinWY
All of the emergency sevices here in Australia have been adopting the use of multicopters for over a year now.
Police have been using them in seige situations to survey the scene to see where they can safely place people to cover entry/exit points without them being put in danger.
Accident investigators use them to photograph and video record the scene from above.Where they used to put cameras on long poles,now they fly a quad.
Firefighters are using them for training and to monitor hazard reduction burns and bush fires.A recent news story about a house fire showed them using an Inspire 1 to examine the interior of the house after the fire rather than sending people into the house where there was danger of colapsing structure.

The only big brother type uses of them I've heard of is some local councils have suggested they might use them to fly over peoples properties to see if anyone has been building without permits and such.

In the meantime, here in the U.S., we're, well, I just don't know what the heck we're doing. Our government is so big it can't seem to get around itself to make any headway. :(

Your post is good news PTCX, thanks for sharing. It really is wonderful to hear of "Drones doing good" for a change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31