Drone causes disruption at Gatwick airport

The trouble is we will never know. The investigation will be inconclusive. The culprit, if there is one, will never be identified.
But it will be another black mark against drone pilots.

Reactions: DreamToFly
If indeed it was a drone....
I haven't heard how a drone was confirmed yet and like you I have my doubts.
Unfortunately I'm very close to Gatwick and with reports like this extremely worried about flying anywhere. I've had my drone for nearly a month now and I'm yet to feel comfortable flying it anywhere

Good to see someone else from Surrey though :)

Keith

I haven't heard how a drone was confirmed yet and like you I have my doubts.
Unfortunately I'm very close to Gatwick and with reports like this extremely worried about flying anywhere. I've had my drone for nearly a month now and I'm yet to feel comfortable flying it anywhere

Good to see someone else from Surrey though :)

Keith

With the few bad press against drones in the last year once a pilot say it was a drone it will be believable it was. Sad but that is the case.

If I am not mistaking, if the person was flying a DJI drone. It will not take off because near an airport is considered NFZ.

U
If I am not mistaking, if the person was flying a DJI drone. It will not take off because near an airport is considered NFZ.
unless he'd updated the firmware to remove the DJI NFZ restriction. There are 3rd products around to do this even though you shouldn't.

U

unless he'd updated the firmware to remove the DJI NFZ restriction. There are 3rd products around to do this even though you shouldn't.
You know, sometimes I hate to say but in case like this, DJI is not responsable because someone decided to hack the drone and DJI is making sure our toys are in compliance with the law.

It was probably a white plastic shopping bag, rather like the one that was a "Drone" the BA pilot called in to Heathrow last year. Oh and what drone do you know of that can get 5000 feet like the last one reported in East London. It's all nonsense IMO.

Reactions: Neon Euc
drones.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20