Downgrade from latest firmware?

LiLPhantom said:
Max; We have posted 3 times, all you need to do is load the version you want on your computer and plug it into your copter, unless DJI has blocked this ability in the latest firmware? Anyone else chime in on this ability? If this is such then what a negative aspect DJI is continuing, the hardware should be open source in my opinion, that way we can build on, downgrade, pick and choose etc.
OK, I did try this. I was trying to get back to firmware version 3.06.
First, I downloaded Assistant version 3.2 from the droneslinger website. It would not let me downgrade the firmware... said I had the latest firmware version, 3.08.

Next, I downloaded Assistant version 1.08 from the droneslinger website. It did let me downgrade to firmware 1.08.

However, trying to upgrade with Assistant version 3.2 (OR 3.0 OR 3.6) all update me back to firmware 3.08.I can't get anything but 3.08. Reading another forum, it appears that the latest Assistant programs (after 2.0, I believe it said) pull the firmware off of DJI's servers rather than having it hard coded into the program itself.
I ended up re-installing 3.08. I hope everything is OK when I fly tomorrow.......................

Attachments

• before_downgrade_in_assistant32.png
    before_downgrade_in_assistant32.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 505
  • before_downgrade_in_assistant108.png
    before_downgrade_in_assistant108.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 502
You could post it another 97 times to make it an even 100 :) still wouldn't change the fact you can't downgrade to any version you want... Maybe you could earlier on? but you can't now, as Max has demonstrated. Max I had the same results as you, so I don't think me and you have a faulty PC or Phantom... lol... :/

LiLPhantom said:
Max; We have posted 3 times, all you need to do is load the version you want on your computer and plug it into your copter, unless DJI has blocked this ability in the latest firmware? Anyone else chime in on this ability? If this is such then what a negative aspect DJI is continuing, the hardware should be open source in my opinion, that way we can build on, downgrade, pick and choose etc.

You can downgrade to 1.x, 2.x, or 3.x by installing the desired version's Assistant and running the updater.

You can NOT selectively choose which specific version of the 3.x firmware you want loaded. You can't decide you want 3.0, 3.02, 3.04, etc.. If you use the 3.x Assistant you are going to get the latest official version. Once installed, you can't go back to a previous 3.x version.

The reason is you only have the Assistant software, NOT the actual firmware. The Assistant downloads the firmware from DJI when updating, and there is no option to request a specific version. Even if you had the various firmware revision files, how would you instruct them to install? The Assistant offers no option to select an update from your local drive.

Dirty Bird said:
You can downgrade to 1.x, 2.x, or 3.x by installing the desired version's Assistant and running the updater.

You can NOT selectively choose which specific version of the 3.x firmware you want loaded. You can't decide you want 3.0, 3.02, 3.04, etc.. If you use the 3.x Assistant you are going to get the latest official version. Once installed, you can't go back to a previous 3.x version.

The reason is you only have the Assistant software, NOT the actual firmware. The Assistant downloads the firmware from DJI when updating, and there is no option to request a specific version. Even if you had the various firmware revision files, how would you instruct them to install? The Assistant offers no option to select an update from your local drive.

Thanks all, I finally understand how it works! Sorry for my stubbornness.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl